Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Titan S CC 4x4 Gun Metallic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Did a little project today. Installed Rough Country P/N: 863 front and Rough Country P/N: 6531 rear on my 2021 Titan S model. I've never done suspension work and it took me 5 hours total in the garage. Got dark on my "after picture so it's edited to where you can see the wheel well spacing. I haven't measured the rake yet but looks to be about where I want it for towing. Next I'll be getting new tires, probably BFG KO2s. I just don't know what size yet. I'd Love 34s but don't know if they will rub and 33s are much easier to come by. Let me know what you suggest!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great man, where did you get your tow mirrors ? And are they plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Yup plug and play. Your blind spot warning light works, the bummer is that is all that works cause that's all the S model comes with. unless you want to try and custom wire the turn signal lights, puddle lights, and heated function blind spot is all you get.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hello everyone,

Did a little project today. Installed Rough Country P/N: 863 front and Rough Country P/N: 6531 rear on my 2021 Titan S model. I've never done suspension work and it took me 5 hours total in the garage. Got dark on my "after picture so it's edited to where you can see the wheel well spacing. I haven't measured the rake yet but looks to be about where I want it for towing. Next I'll be getting new tires, probably BFG KO2s. I just don't know what size yet. I'd Love 34s but don't know if they will rub and 33s are much easier to come by. Let me know what you suggest! View attachment 548681
Looks good!!! You’ve been doing some work the past few days🦾

Reactions: Bcacali24

·
Registered
481 Posts
Looks great man, where did you get your tow mirrors ? And are they plug and play?

If you get the same model of tow mirrors with the options you have on your OEM mirrors you keep everything, and at least on my 2020, if you have powerfold you lose that option

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks!

Yup plug and play. Your blind spot warning light works, the bummer is that is all that works cause that's all the S model comes with. unless you want to try and custom wire the turn signal lights, puddle lights, and heated function blind spot is all you get.
Ok cool thanks! Btw I didn’t know yours was the new 2021 I was fooled and thought it was the regular 16-20 model because it looks just like mine minus the fog lights as for tires I’m running falken wildpeaks on 275/70r18s on the same steel wheels you got and I’m lvld as well

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool thanks! Btw I didn’t know yours was the new 2021 I was fooled and thought it was the regular 16-20 model because it looks just like mine minus the fog lights as for tires I’m running falken wildpeaks on 275/70r18s on the same steel wheels you got and I’m lvld as well

oh yeah they look the same from the side I believe. If you get a chance I would love to see a picture of your ride.

·
Registered
2021 Armada SL 👍🏻
549 Posts
Hello everyone,

Did a little project today. Installed Rough Country P/N: 863 front and Rough Country P/N: 6531 rear on my 2021 Titan S model. I've never done suspension work and it took me 5 hours total in the garage. Got dark on my "after picture so it's edited to where you can see the wheel well spacing. I haven't measured the rake yet but looks to be about where I want it for towing. Next I'll be getting new tires, probably BFG KO2s. I just don't know what size yet. I'd Love 34s but don't know if they will rub and 33s are much easier to come by. Let me know what you suggest! View attachment 548681
Looks really good. Most trucks need something like this from the factory. Your after picture is how a truck should sit. More clearance up front and just more balanced. For decent articulation, I’d vote 33’s, even if you’re keeping the factory wheels. Rubbing is something I despise and avoid. If you can’t hop a curb without rubbing, forget going offroad. Just my two cents. Plus, I think a good 33x11.50 or 12.50 would work well and be more economical, as you mentioned. Truck looks clean!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How did the lift affect the ride and handling?
I didn’t really notice any difference in ride quality with the lift. I did notice a difference in ride quality going from the P rated tires it came with to the LT E rated tires. It’s not bad at all though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Luckily I didn’t need to do the camber bolts. I wondering about the caster though. If I am reading this right it’s just barely in spec. Should the alignment shop have adjusted this? I am not super experienced with alignments.

·
Registered
2019 Titan SV
7 Posts
Looks great. Is it just spacers or do you have to do something with the sway bar links when installing the lift? Or what is the limit of how high you can go before having to add more suspension components?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks great. Is it just spacers or do you have to do something with the sway bar links when installing the lift? Or what is the limit of how high you can go before having to add more suspension components?
Thanks! I just did spacers I didn’t replace any end links or anything. I am not sure the limit before you need extended ones

1 - 20 of 30 Posts