Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck: 2004 4x4 Titan. Icon coilovers, PRG Upper control arms, and 34" Nittos.

Just maxed out my Icons Coil overs and on the way home one of my axels dislocated from the front differential.
I'm assuming it's because I didn't do a differential drop. I didn't do the drop because I didn't want to lose clearance. So what are my options?

All I seem to have right now is differential drop, or longer axels. How do I figure out what size drop, or what length axels I need?

Or am I way off?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Standard for 2004. The half shafts are held by C clips and take very little force to disengage. They improved the diff later on to resist this and also to reinforce the housing. I have a 2004 with the improved diff and DR (now Icon) coilovers and have not had the problem repeat since install of the new diff.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
We had a problem with the half shafts popping out on a RZR...I removed the C-clips and installed a very thin "O" ring in the C-clip groove, then re-installed the C clip.....Never had a shaft pop out after theat...:)

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
We had a problem with the half shafts popping out on a RZR...I removed the C-clips and installed a very thin "O" ring in the C-clip groove, then re-installed the C clip.....Never had a shaft pop out after theat...:)
Lou, what caused that to happen on your RZR? I have a 2010 that is stock as far as suspension and drivetrain go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts