Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just sick of my dealer and thought I'd vent here. I bought my XE in late December from Nissan Of Keene NH. The purchase was based off an Ebay ad. Here are my issues.

1. The ad said I was suposed to have power mirrors, I didn't notice that the truck had manual mirrors until I was on my way home. the dealership has said the Titan XE doesn't have any power mirrors , so too bad.

2. As part of the purchase, I was promised mudflaps and floormats, it has now been 8 weeks since my purchase, they are not returning my emails and my phone calls.

I have called Nissan Consumer affairs and they have said I have to work it out with the dealer. I guess I'll keep getting ignored until I get mad enough to get a lawyer.

Which is too bad because otherwise I am happy with the Titan, just very unhappy with the dealer service.

Thanks for reading
Kwaz
Worcester, MA

·
Registered
473 Posts
Seeing as how negative feedback will do little and that I informed a dealership about their mistakes in their listing, It is time to take action.

1. Print out the ebay listing. (change your purchased items to 30 days and you can re-view the listing)

2. Contact the Attorney Generals office for NH. Explain the problem, send a copy of the ebay listing, and a copy of the Window sticker. (I know its call the morroney (moron) label) Explain to them you wish restitution and provide what you want. Money, Parts, whatever.

<I am not a lawyer, but I play one on TV!>

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Call and talk to Chuck Dupler at Nissan of Keene, he is the GM and should be interested in getting this fixed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Maybe we can help you out Kwaz. Does the dealer have a website, general e-mail, 800 number?

I think we can call or e-mail the dealership and just let them know that we heard about a service problem they are having and we don't think that the customer is being treated fairly. I'll bet it would help, especially if this is a dealership that uses e-bay a lot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies

Hi,

Thanks for the information, curious about the GM's name, I spoke to some guy named Jim who said he was the GM. He was the one that told me there was nothing they could do about the power mirrors.

I will call Chuck, and if thats no good, I'll do the state of NH Consumer Affairs office. Thanks for the suggestions and the support.

Also, the website is www.nissanofkeene.com. Go get 'em

Thanks again

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just wanted to wish you good luck in getting your grievances taken care of, Kwaz..this is a great place to vent as well as praise...we're all in this together...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Course of action

If you do not get results talking to the people at the store...go directly to the Department of Motor vehicles for the state. There should be a form for a complaint....that will get the attention of the store. To many complaints and the state will investigate and possibly suspend the dealer license. The complaints usually land squarely with the dealer principle, who then instructs managers to "handle it" which in our dealership means....rectify it promptly and to the customers satisfaction if reasonable.

In our state....if you advertise one thing, and not deliver, the state can make you BUY THE CAR back from the customer....completely unwind the sale.

You will not get power mirrors most likely...but a cash consideration, or maybe extra parts?

Good Luck

·
Registered
739 Posts
power mirrors

Why couldn't the dealer switch the power mirrors? They have them for sale at courtesy parts so they must be an easy replacement.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I used their website's "contact us" option. I left them a message as a potential customer (I will be buying a Titan sooner or later). I didn't say anything nasty, just that I will be in the market, I heard of the power mirror issue, and as a consumer I take the resolution of such problems into consideration before I make my purchases. I encourage others to do the same. Don't be nasty, just let them know that people hear about unresolved issues. Goodluck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I emailed the dealer today. They should know that we will all stay connected and they will not be able to screw someone around and just get away with it. they should feel the hit from all other potential buyers. :boxing:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Everyone

*****Update*******
I sent a letter to the owner, Chuck Dupler, and he responded back to me the same day. He was apologetic and agreed to work with me to get to a resolution. He was not aware all this had taken place.

1. The ebay ad said floor mats included, but the sales order didn't, so the parts department wouldn't ship them. The mats are being shipped today.

2. Their email system is undergoing a conversion, customer emails that are sent are being lost. Thats being fixed.

3. He's having his parts guy look at getting power mirrors installed.

So I'm feeling much better now that I'm not getting ignored anymore. I wouldn't give the gren light to this dealership yet, but I'd definitely change it from red to yellow.

Thanks to you guys for sending in those emails, it certainly got the owners attention! The power of Titantalk!!!

have a great weekend all

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Glad to hear, this means I can stop by and visit Chuck on my yearly trip to New Hampshire. I'm gonna try coast to coast with trailer in tow.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hope everything works out for you...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Kwaz,

I would definately stick to your guns on this and it sounds like the GM is going to do the right thing at this point. I am sure that same GM is going to have his internet junkie poster guy hanging by a thread when he finds out that he just cost him $600 in accessories by listing them on a truck that doesn't have them. Not to worry though because if nothing else they are probably still making thier holdback money AND they moved an XE which isn't going to be thier bread and butter anyhow. Now they can try and get a better allowance from nissan of SE and LE trucks of which they will make the cashola!

Chris

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just wanted to update you. I did get a response addressed from Chuck Dupler.

Firstly, the e-mail I sent originally not only mentioned that I had heard of the problem, but I also inquired about the configuration of Titan that I will be looking for, so they know that I am a potential customer.

In response to the problem. He defended the actions of his dealership, rather than assuring me that they try to resolve such problems. He also used the excuse that the posting was done by a 3rd party. Nothing he said, led me to believe they intend to correct the problem, however, from your last dealings, it sounds like they have decided that its better to try and resolve the problem. Great! I hope it works out for you, and I'm glad I was able to help, if only just a teeny bit, by letting them know that people hear about bad service.

In response to the Titan I asked about, he only said "We have the vehicle you are looking for. How are you going to get it to Colorado????"

I found that response a bit surprising, since they are listing on E-bay, you would think they are trying to attract out-of-state customers. Anyways, good luck again! :cheers:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am surprised to hear all of this about Nissan of Keene. I bought my Nissan Xterra from them three years ago and have never had any kind of problems with them. In fact, they are always more than willing to get whatever I want done to the truck, done. I am always requesting them to install aftermarket parts on my truck and they are always happy to do it. I absolutely love the service I get from them and when I am ready to buy a Titan I am definately going back to them.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your truck and Nissan of Keene, but I hope you are willing to give them the benifit of the doubt, I truely believe that they are an honest dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so far so good

Well, the owner, Chuck Dupler, is good to his word, I received my floormats today. He said he would have one of his tech guys look a getting power mirrors on my XE. I know the ebay ad showing the truck with power mirrors was a mistake, but I think they should at least make an attempt.

I don't consider myself an unreasonable person, but I've seen the big tow mirrors for sale on other dealers websites for under $400. I think for around $400 - $500 they should be able to make it happen. What do you guys think, am I being a hardass?

Thanks for all your support
Al Kwaz

1 - 20 of 22 Posts