Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Bilstein's 5100 from 4wheel Parts. They are having a sale for all 4 for $299.99, I called customer service to make sure they had my correct shocks in before placing the order. The guy said that the titan uses struts in the front so it would be $339.99 + tax for all 4. Is this a good price? I wanted Bilstein 5100 for the front and Bilstein HD for the back but went with this since it's the whole packaged deal . Will I be happy with these? Also, I told the guy I had a 2wd with a 2.5 level lit in the front, and he said the 5100's will still work. Is this correct? I won't get them in till next Tuesday so I have a chance to cancel the order if this is wrong. I'm seeing a lot of people here say they went with the HD's in the front if they had the 2.5 kit on front....needless to say, I'm a little confused. Can anyone confirm if the guy knew what he was talking about ? lol

Thanks!

Here is the link for the 4wheel parts "sale"
4 Bilstein 5100 series shocks for most lifted trucks with black shock boots -RH2

·
Registered
182 Posts
$359.80 for all four 5100's at shockwarehouse.com a week ago.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
You might get coil bucket contact with the 5100's and the 2 1/2 level kit. A better choice for you might be HD's which is direct replacement shock/strut and not a leveling strut like the 5100's. Lot of threads about this subject and every T seems to be a little different.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What is confusing with the 5100's is they are listed everywhere as "for lifted trucks", but supposedly you can use them on a non-lifted Titan.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I need to cancel the front ones? which in turns means I must cancel the whole order since it was a packaged deal.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
djc1977 I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction but here is what you have going on with the front. The 5100's are designed to give you the maximum lift for your truck. The shock is 1/2" longer than stock and then you have 2 preload settings for additional height. The issue is with preload gives you a poor ride. The 2 1/2 PRG level kit is the maximum that you can raise the truck without having any issues as per Greg from PRG. Once you combine the 5100's with 1/2" lift (no preload lowest setting) and your PRG 2.5 level kit you "might" run into issues. Some folks don't have problems and others can grind the lip on the coil bucket and clear the UCA. I suggested HD's so you would avoid the entire issue. I have 5100's and my truck had coilbucket contact with just the 1 1/2" level kit. I ditched the spacer. Some other people on this site were able to run 5100's and the 1 1/2 level kit with minimal contact.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get what you are saying. That is pretty much what I was reading here...after I got off the phone with the sales rep, I decided to double check because it didn't sound right. I better cancel the order and just order the 5100's for the rear and the HD's for the front. Better safe than sorry!

Thanks!

Deborah

·
Registered
182 Posts
The 5100's for the front are on nationwide backorder anyway, so you won't have to wait if you get the HD's.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I think you would be okay running the 5100's with a 2.5" spacer because you have an 06 2WD. If you were running a the 08+ 4x4 spring upfront, then you would be getting the coil bucket contact.

The 08+ 4x4 springs sit 1.5" higher than the 06 4x2 springs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i ordered the 5100's all around for the same price. They weren't on back order last week when i bought them. They are now in my living room 4 days after I paid for them. 4wheel parts had them in stock. I'll be installing them later this week along with my Toyo Open Country tires. I don't have any spacers or leveling kits and will be going with the max lift possible. I can update you later this week, but from what I've heard, it'll be a huge improvement from my stock Rancho crappies.

·
Registered
745 Posts
5100's in the rear, HD's up front...You can thank me later cause it makes the ride better than the truck was when it was new.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i ordered the 5100's all around for the same price. They weren't on back order last week when i bought them.
They had these in stock? Man, I can't find anyone who has these on hand.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I just got my rear 5100's and front Hd's from Shockwarehouse.com and they was on my front door within 1 week...great price too boot!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got my rear 5100's and front Hd's from Shockwarehouse.com and they was on my front door within 1 week...great price too boot!

I'm wanting to order that same setup tonight...can you confirm part numbers. I have a 2006 4x2 just like you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
What would you guys recommend for a stock, 2004 CC 4x4?

·
Registered
42 Posts
What would you guys recommend for a stock, 2004 CC 4x4?
5100's All around. Mine have been installed for about 2 weeks now and i LOVE them. I have them set at the highest setting, a little firm, but i like it that way. I also run the shocks on Open Country LT tires. Best set up for me yet!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If anyone is interested, I spoke with Down South Motorsports yesterday and they had the front 5100's in stock. Not sure how many but at least two. Price was $220.00. I decided to opt for the cheaper HD's. Just google the name to find the website.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts