Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone forsee a problem w/this combo?

the wheels are PERFECTLY spec'd for our truck. 8.5--5bs--+15 offset

and the bfg's aren't that wide. I'm guessing an 8.5 wheel w/a 12.5 tire will work just fine. right now I got 35X13 on a 9.5 so the 37's will be narrower.

I'm about 2" front and 4" rear over a stock Procomp 6" 4X4 lift.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Thugs are us ... I mean nice wheels.

K those are only 36" diameter so good. What 35s were you running? And how much clearance do you have to the fender or mud flaps?

The BFG are only 12.2" on an 8.5" wide rim, so this is good too.
Pinch weld mod, (pwm). is easy so also good.

Btw, not quite "PERFECT". Backspacing on the off-road rims is 5.43" and the SE/LE is 5.5", but 5" is better than the 4.5" ones, if your goal it to avoid the pwm.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BS is 5 3/8...Me Bad. . They will stick out 28mm more than stock OR wheels which will bring them right to the edge of my Bushwakers. May add a 5mm spacer..dunno yet.

Currently rolling on Toyo 35X13 (325/70/17) 34.6" I believe so the 37 (36.3)BFG's should not be that big a leap.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Be sure to post some pics when you get them. There might be some minimum post, (probably 15 or so), before you can post pics to the site so ... be opinionated on some other threads.

I've been thinking Thugs, or the Chamber AR 17 Teflons.

Btw isn't the Cannon the Chrome Thug?

Cannon-Chrome Cannon-Machined-Alloy/painted The Thug :D Chambers

Attachments

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will get pics up when I get enough posts.

The Chamber are OK but the sizing sucks. The Thug looks to be the best w/5 3/8 bs & positive offset. I also found some Weld wheels w/similar specs but they only came in 20's. I still shake my head when I see 35's or 37's on 20's. Hopefully that trend dies out quick.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, the fact that reputable Off Road tires like the BFG are even offered in
35's and 37's for 20" wheels is kinda scary. Why would anyone want that much wheel on an off road rig? Looks ridiculous IMO. I'd go for some Old School 16's but I doubt they would clear our brakes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When its time for tires I want the AR Thug with the BFG AT/KO's too...but not quite as big...lets see pics when you get them...and BTW..how much...and where?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good luck getting your Thugs.

I've been waiting since March.

I went into America's Tires on Monday and the manager called AR on speakerphone. The rep said it would be another 2 months - minimum. He said they're having QC issues with the Teflon.

I cancelled my order and am looking for an alternative. I really had my heart set on the Thugs. :(

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They told me 6 to 8 weeks.

I can get the Clash now and it has the same specs and looks good but not Teflon.

Part#3090-78572 17x8.5 BS15 OS 5 3/8

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
I ordered the Fuels myself. They should be here next week.

I really loved the look of the Thugs, but I couldn't hold out any longer. :(

Be sure to post pics when you get them so I can kick myself. :p

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got the Fuel in black or chrome?

I'm holding out for the Thugs, I love the look and the dish. My second choice was the KMC Rockstar but they are pricey and I don't like the glossy black finish.

The new Procomp Knight Chrome 8089 may be cool but w/out seeing the finish, I'm not buying them blind. Pluz the sizing sux.

·
Registered
265 Posts
bigbadtitan said:
You got the Fuel in black or chrome?

I'm holding out for the Thugs, I love the look and the dish. My second choice was the KMC Rockstar but they are pricey and I don't like the glossy black finish.

The new Procomp Knight Chrome 9089 may be cool but w/out seeing the finish, I'm not buying them blind. Pluz the sizing sux.
I was going to buy the 9089's too, but I agree - I couldn't buy that finish without seeing it in person. I had some other Pro Comp wheels on my shortlist, along with the AR Fuels and Victors.

I ordered the Fuels in Teflon.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
bigbadtitan said:
Yea, the fact that reputable Off Road tires like the BFG are even offered in
35's and 37's for 20" wheels is kinda scary. Why would anyone want that much wheel on an off road rig? Looks ridiculous IMO. I'd go for some Old School 16's but I doubt they would clear our brakes.
Better flotation in Sand for sure...

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Egan said:
I was going to buy the 9089's too, but I agree - I couldn't buy that finish without seeing it in person. I had some other Pro Comp wheels on my shortlist, along with the AR Fuels and Victors.

I ordered the Fuels in Teflon.
Yea, it's the 9089's, not the 8089's...same wheel different finish. What tires are you putting on those Fuels?

Justintoxicated said:
Better flotation in Sand for sure...
There is no benefit to putting big 20 or 22 wheels on an off road rig. I cringe every time I see a Bling 20 wheel w/35's or 37's. They look like Ballet Slippers.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the 325/70/17 (34.9") Toyo's currently.

On a 35 I would go Toyo over the BFG. They are wider a little taller and IMO ride better and better traction.

Unfortunately, the Toyo 37's may be too much meat. I think I got a better chance w/the BFG 37X12.5's.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
bigbadtitan said:
Yea, it's the 9089's, not the 8089's...same wheel different finish. What tires are you putting on those Fuels?

There is no benefit to putting big 20 or 22 wheels on an off road rig. I cringe every time I see a Bling 20 wheel w/35's or 37's. They look like Ballet Slippers.
Very True!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts