Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my bully dog gt should be here tomorrow, what are some of the first things i should do with this when i get it tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Most certainly disable the WOT and add the 2* advance. Enjoy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Go to Radio Shack and get a fuse tap, so you can install the power wire. Also get a pack of zip ties for a clean install. Don't freak out when your engine fan turnes on when you load a tune lol. The suction mount is moveable, it's stiff so I thought it was not able to bend to your desired angle but it is. Enjoy !!
Lastly if your afr and timing readouts are out of whack try switching the bank from a to b.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hard wire your programmer. The heat in the summer for some reason messed up my screen when I would first get in the truck. I mounted near the radio, picture attached and haven't had that problem since.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i planned on hardwiring it, where do you guys usually tie the power wire into so that it comes on with the truck?

·
Registered
179 Posts
i planned on hardwiring it, where do you guys usually tie the power wire into so that it comes on with the truck?
I tied the power wire in with the fuse for the stereo, its on the left side like 9 down. When you open the fuse box look on the back of the cover and it will tell you what all the fuses are.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Fuse tap? and where does the power wire usually tie in at?
A fuse tap is a thin piece of metal that you crimp your power wire into. After you attach the power wire to it, simply plug it in along with the original fuse. It makes for a cleaner install, but you can simply stick the power wire into where the fuse goes and then plug the fuse back in, but there is a chance the connection will come lose.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah ok, so the power wire is pretty long? or do i need to get some more wire to complete my install?

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Update your dog on the pc before you attempt to install on your truck. That way you will be sure to be up to date. Go ahead and order a blendmount for the bully dog. It is a very nice install above your rearview mirror.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
ah ok, so the power wire is pretty long? or do i need to get some more wire to complete my install?
The wire that comes with it is plenty long to reach the fuse panel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is a update for the for are truck? I can't figure out how to find the update.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There is a update for the for are truck? I can't figure out how to find the update.
Go to Bullydog website and download the update agent to your computer, open the update agent and then connect your bullydog gt to your usb port on your computer, and then follow the update agent instructions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts