·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm afraid not, we don't have a dyno in midland texas :(

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Awesome...did you get a deal?? I am very interested to see a before and after dyno.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
any vids after the cam install?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Awesome...did you get a deal?? I am very interested to see a before and after dyno.
Robert @ relentless dropped it to 1,000 plus 16 bucks to ship it, ha! if we can call that a deal ( it was just the tb that I ordered):teethmast

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to try to modify a 08" intake mani for this 90 mm tb, its going to have a new neck made out of carbon fiber/kevlar, all of the intake mani is going to have a new shell, my main concern is the epoxy resin, I need a hi temp epoxy (still looking for one), I have made molds/plugs for rc airplanes in the past and I don't think it will be a problem making this mod to a intake manifold.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
the neck as it intergrates with arches is a difficult task. So take your time and keep us posted on your mod. I tried plastic welding an 2004 intake after grinding down 1.25" of runners inside. It spang a leak while on the truck going down the road and AFRs went to 23 at idle....luckly I was near home. I would suggest having a spare intake mani near by.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I recently tried to Weld on some HDPE. Was not successful for 2 reasons. I did not have enough heat (very thick tank, larger heat element unavailable at the time) and I learned later that is was "Cross Linked HDPE", so is not weldable. I used to weld tanks years ago, but was never a big fan of Plastic Welding, though it does work.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Sweet keep us posted! Man you need to run it at the track b4 & after install.

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Randy what type of adhesive did you used ? or did you try to fuse them together?

Titanblue I have used HDPE before and haven't found nothing that will adhere to it. (us combat rc guys use it for engine mounts, its nearly un-destructible).

Deerslayer Im going to the track tonight, this morning I took off my tunneau cover, I took off my heavy 22"s, put my 18" stockers on, and I took off my spare tire also ;), My truck is having issues with the timming right now, after I flash the tune that Ben makes, it will run awesome for a while, then it just changes, Its not throwing no codes or nothing, it wierd, My truck is not running to its fullest right now, but I will post sum numbers tonight, then next week I will run it with the 90mm to compare, then after I finish the IM project I will run her again.

Gil

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went to the track, I need trutrac BADLY! , that's my MUST next upgrade, slipped every time, I took sum vids, and I will post the time slips soon (horrible times due to no traction and a newbie at the tree :bangit::bangit::bangit:)
I did whoop on a new tundra(stock) a couple of times, got the vid of that one, also a chevy with a 6.0 (cold air intake) also got a video, I also raced a viper truck guess who won?(got a video of that one too.), I had a blast!

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Sweet brother what was your best time and your best 60'?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've learned that it doesn't really matter what you run at the track, just as long as you have fun. Granted running good times makes it that much better.

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Randy what type of adhesive did you used ? or did you try to fuse them together?

Titanblue I have used HDPE before and haven't found nothing that will adhere to it. (us combat rc guys use it for engine mounts, its nearly un-destructible).....

Gil
I was trying it with HDPE Rod, but the "Cross Linked" aspect apparently killed it. If you ever see temporary pipeline along the road, used to bypass Sewer or Water lines in construction projects, that is HDPE Pipe. The cut it any angle they want, and Butt Weld it with a hot knife in an automated machine On Site. It works perfect every time. Amazingly reliable, tuff stuff!

I'd love to see a few pics of what you are doing in RC Engines and Mounts...:eyebrow:

Now, back to the Throttle Body!:redblob"

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I've learned that it doesn't really matter what you run at the track, just as long as you have fun. Granted running good times makes it that much better.
Bull **** it doesn't, its everything!! Lol

Reactions: sudden urge

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was running 91 octane (I had a lil bit more than 1/4 of a tank and didn't want to mix it with 93 octane), also we are almost at 3,000 ft above sea level here in Midland Tx.(when i go to Dallas I can feel more power down there).

this runs where with my current set up, I am running her again with the 90mm TB next week or in two weeks, (I am gonna have to buy a new radiator, I notice a little puddle of antifreeze the next morning :(

here are my best times of that night:

Sum vids too:

Attachments

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^ I'm Hernandez in the time slips.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts