Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here ... this is a great site with good info.

Just picked up an brand spanking new 07 SE Crew Cab 4x4 Tow/OffRoad/Rockford Fosgate Package

Man, it is a great truck! Problem is, wife and kids are having a hard time getting in and out.

Any recommendations of nerf bars - brand? I am looking for Chrome but with the black non-skid step.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
go back to the dealer and tell them you want the stock nerf bars.. if your dealer is good they will do it for you, if not threat to hand the keys back. lol
my dealer did it no questions. they took a titan off the show floor inside to take the bars off and throw on mine, then they sent it to get rhino lined instead of the cheap one nissan puts in

·
Registered
679 Posts
Man, I wish my dealership would do that. They just gave me a dirty look when I mentioned it.

Congrats and welcome too!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Nissan Nerf bars are great, IMO. They are solid, sharp looking and can really help to protect your doors from gravel. I think mine were a $1200 option (that's up in Canada though).

On a side note, my previous truck (02 Dodge 1500 QC Sport with 360 Magnum) had a aftermarket Rhino coat in the bed, and it was no where near as durable as the Nissan factory sprayed in liner, I found.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
baggettp said:
Man, I wish my dealership would do that. They just gave me a dirty look when I mentioned it.

Congrats and welcome too!!!
Funny you mention that. I asked the sales guy if we can pull the steps off another Titan parked next to it and he too gave me a crazy look :huh:

He knew he had the last truck in NorCal with the specific options I wanted ... plus I drove 2 hours to get it ... so walking away was a slim chance :boxing:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just went into the parts dept. at my dealer and ordered them, I think they were $500, I paid just under $800 for them with install, but you can install them yourself and save $300 or so. (I just don't have a lot of free time to do stuff myself)

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have three children between the ages of 2-5 years old. The Nissan nerf bars really allow them to get into the Titan with little or no help from me and are sturdy as well. Even if you have to purchase them outright they are worth the extra moolah IMO.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
mrgrim420 said:
I just went into the parts dept. at my dealer and ordered them, I think they were $500, I paid just under $800 for them with install, but you can install them yourself and save $300 or so. (I just don't have a lot of free time to do stuff myself)
:huh: :huh: :huh: Holy moly! Did they see you coming? Wow! I got the N-Fabs for less than that and they just bolt right into existing holes. It only takes 10 minutes to mount them up! Plus I like the "not-in-your-face" look of the N-Fabs. They are perfect for little feet to help themselves up into the truck. This really is about the easiest do-it-yourself mod you can do, at least from what I've seen.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
mrgrim420 said:
Wow! Did you drop the soap?? No Kiss, No Vasoline.............

I paid $150 extra when I bought my truck!! Deal breaker!

Installed in 20 minutes!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
:huh: :huh: :huh: Holy moly! Did they see you coming? Wow! I got the N-Fabs for less than that and they just bolt right into existing holes. It only takes 10 minutes to mount them up! Plus I like the "not-in-your-face" look of the N-Fabs. They are perfect for little feet to help themselves up into the truck. This really is about the easiest do-it-yourself mod you can do, at least from what I've seen.
Ditto

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase!

These are the nerf bars I have. They're the "Standard" version, not the "Deluxe".
http://www.ariesautomotive.net/4ovals.html

They're about the same height from the ground as the OEM ones, but you can get them for about $300. With these on my 3 year old can climb in by herself...

·
Premium Member
73,321 Posts
i think westin actually manufactures the steps on titans, but i'm not 100% sure, the chrome westins i saw at my local truck shop were identical to the oval tubed steps i got on my titan when i bought it.

at the sake of not pissing off any sponsors to titantalk.com i suggest also clicking any one of the numerous links up top for steps as well.

even with the step bars my girl still slides off the seat everytime, i just cringe then say "see, you did it again"... my 3 month old isn't walking yet, but one day i'm sure he'll enjoy the steps as well.

·
Premium Member
3,297 Posts
I'm very happy with the factory step rails.

Clint

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
oilers_fan said:
The Nissan Nerf bars are great, IMO. They are solid, sharp looking and can really help to protect your doors from gravel. I think mine were a $1200 option (that's up in Canada though).

On a side note, my previous truck (02 Dodge 1500 QC Sport with 360 Magnum) had a aftermarket Rhino coat in the bed, and it was no where near as durable as the Nissan factory sprayed in liner, I found.
my bad its not rhino, its actualy line-x ... linex is very good imo i think its the best out. also the westin bars are what i had on my last titan... i hated them i didnt even use them. they were really no help. i found myself slipping off of them more then anything when i used it

·
Registered
511 Posts
I got the Westin ovals for my 2004. Easy to put on, maybe 45 minutes. Very durable light and strong and wide enough with treads to prevent slipping between truck and bar, don't put dressing on them!!!!. Got the black ones because I have (had) a white truck. Look very close to OEM. Think they were 3-$400

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
sjrdr said:
Hi all, I'm new here ... this is a great site with good info.

Just picked up an brand spanking new 07 SE Crew Cab 4x4 Tow/OffRoad/Rockford Fosgate Package

Man, it is a great truck! Problem is, wife and kids are having a hard time getting in and out.

Any recommendations of nerf bars - brand? I am looking for Chrome but with the black non-skid step.

Thanks a lot!
I had the same problem when I bought my 04. My youngest couldn't get in easily and I only like the factory bars so....I told them to throw in the bars and you got a deal. Done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you - all of your responses have been very helpful. I just need to get a thumbs up from wife and kids and am good to go!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts