Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been fun guys. I picked up a 4x4 2011 f150 supercrew with the 5.0, 3.73 gears and rear locker. I sold my 2008 Titan KC 2wd. I am just a ford guy i guess, i never loved the titan, i love this f150. It hauls ***, about the same stock as 2wd titan with bullydog, intake, and programmer. dyno's 311hp at the rear wheels only loses like 15% parasitic loss in the trans. Been getting 18.5 mpg on hwy, and im not worried about the transmission blowing up or rear end giving out. No more radiator or brake problems!!! Titantalk is way better than their forums i can tell you that!!! Have fun guys its been good!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I've been looking at the Ford's lately myself, 5.0 or ecoboost, I do love my Titan but Nissan hasn't changed it hardly at all and if I'm going to buy a new truck I would like something at least little different.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on your new truck. My T is only 6 months old and I do love it for my purposes. But I was really looking hard at the Ford, mostly because I like the fact they chose not to use government money to stay afloat like GM and Chrysler did. The reason I bought the T was because it was about 5K cheaper than a compliantly equipped Ford. What color and model did you get?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Well its been fun guys. I picked up a 4x4 2011 f150 supercrew with the 5.0, 3.73 gears and rear locker. I sold my 2008 Titan KC 2wd. I am just a ford guy i guess, i never loved the titan, i love this f150. It hauls ***, about the same stock as 2wd titan with bullydog, intake, and programmer. dyno's 311hp at the rear wheels only loses like 15% parasitic loss in the trans. Been getting 18.5 mpg on hwy, and im not worried about the transmission blowing up or rear end giving out. No more radiator or brake problems!!! Titantalk is way better than their forums i can tell you that!!! Have fun guys its been good!
Congrats man, good luck with it:)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Good riddens.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It was either a Ford F150 or a Titan for me. I always loved the Titans but it was which ever one I came across with the best deal. Luckily, it was the Titan. I been wanting one for a long time. I got an 04 KC 4x4 Offroad and 3.36 gears with only 29,240 miles. It ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
We went and looked at new F250s the other day and they look really gay to me... had they not changed it from 2010 id prob be considering one right now... but I will say the F150 didn't look as bad... pix??

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I have never been a Ford fan until the 08's came out, and with the leaps and bounds of improvement from the "heritage" styling as well as engine renovation... If I was looking at a gas truck, I would likely get the 11 F150 as well... However, the next truck I will get will be diesel, and that battle will be waged at a later time... ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Been getting 18.5 mpg on hwy, and im not worried about the transmission blowing up or rear end giving out. No more radiator or brake problems!!!
I am aware of the rear axle and brake issues with the early Titans, but what is he talking about with the transmission blowing up? I thought the Titan has a pretty solid engine & tranny setup.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am aware of the rear axle and brake issues with the early Titans, but what is he talking about with the transmission blowing up? I thought the Titan has a pretty solid engine & tranny setup.
The Engine and Transmission are good in Titans. They had differential problems, mostly 04-07. In 08 they re-did the brakes and they are no longer an issue. He had an 08 Titan so I don't really know why the OP was listing all of the issues older titans had. He is having that new car love fest right now and has to hate on what he use to drive and brag about how much faster, more reliable his new rig is. I have seen the 1/4 times from the 5.0 ford and him saying that his stocker can run a intake, programmer, exhaust Titan is laughable. Your engine and transmission aren't going to blow up lol so you have no worries.

Reactions: Nick741

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but the new 5.0L you got is nowhere near 311 rwhp, they're only getting 285 rwhp if that. If you kept the Titan, you'd be at 295-300 rwhp. With an intake, exhaust and programmer, the Titan would literally smoke that new 5.0L.

The engine lineup for 2011 is a siginificant improvement, but the only thing I don't like is the extreme BOXINESS of the design. When they made the hood straighter (more level), increased the front door length on Screws by 6" and designed the top of the tailgate with that psuedo spoiler beveled surfacing for '09, it made them look even more boxier than the '04-'08's. However, I guess the F-150 is supposed to look boxy because the pre-ovoid '97-'03's all the way down to the early 80's were just as boxy. It's just a little too boxy for my tastes though.

I can understand the love fest for the new ride, but why trash talk the Titan by saying the tranny tends to blowup? That's not right. The drivetrain has been one of the strongest features of the Titan since it came out. And, being an '08 model, the larger brakes and 4 pinion axle should have been just as stout too.

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
163 Posts
Whatever the reasons for your purchase, you got a good vehicle. The new F150's look nice and are very capable trucks from what I've seen of a few owned by friends. It should serve you well.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Honestly im not sure what he's talking about with the tranny blowing up... I had an 04 sold with 82k on it and 06 totalled with 56k a 2008 sold with 25k and now a 2007 with 84k on it and no tranny problems at all! My fiancee has an 07 titan with intake header exhaust uprev pgm blah blah blah and yes the tranny was slipping only because he added lots of HP and no upgrades to the tranny...

·
Premium Member
58,289 Posts
Whatever the reasons for your purchase, you got a good vehicle. The new F150's look nice and are very capable trucks from what I've seen of a few owned by friends. It should serve you well.
All apostrophes properly used.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Premium Member
44,910 Posts
Hey with 500,000+ sold per year of the "ME2" truck, you cant go wrong...until you look for your truck in the parking lot.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Welcome to the 5.0 club. :D

If I ever get into the fullsize truck market again it'll be between another Titan, F150 or Sierra.

If the aftermarket ever does for the 5.0 F150 what it already has for the 5.0 Stang, be ready for a GREAT race. That's all I have to say about that. I loved my 5.6 with Thorleys, S&B, UpRev, etc but the 5.0 is a beast. Or even if the Boss 302 manifold will work on the 5.0 F150.... :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts