Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what would be a great next mod for my titan. I've got the usual mods (dual exhaust and CAI). I was thinking about get a computer programmer but I dont know if that is the right way to go. Any feed back feel free to reply I'm open for any opinions or tips

·
Registered
954 Posts
First off welcome to TT. I'll say what I and others have said before when this question is asked. Bully dog, Superchips, and Hypertech are all about the same from what I've seen but they are all a bit different. Also everyone will say the programmer they have is the best too. Hand held programmers are good for taking off the wide open throttle restriction which really opens these trucks up. If you want to go above the exhaust and CAI that you mentioned (as in headers, cams, etc.) go with uprev because they will make a custom tune for your mods. That being said I chose to go with superchips because they seem to have excellent customer support and they have a nice data logging feature. I can't say that the others are better though because I have yet to see one truck run different tuners on a track on the same day, but regardless of your decision I'm sure you'll be happy.

Reactions: jaxtitan610

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Uprev is definitely not the cheapest option but offers more in the long run if you plan on more engine mods. I can't immediately recall if the handheld programmers offer switch on the fly fuel maps (go from stock to high performance to fuel ecomony without shutting off engine or reflashing the ECU) like Uprev does so that could be another notch in favor of Uprev (someone chime in please!). The main reason I chose the Uprev route is a local tuning garage up here in Washington had a smoking deal on a custom Osiris tune with time on the dyno, and I can always go back for a reflash if necessary or have the tune updated when I add headers and cams, I just have to pay for dyno time. Definitely search around and read how the handhelds have worked for others and chose the best one that best suits your wants and needs. Welcome to TT and happy modding!:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanx for you opinion. I was deciding wether to get the bully dog pp or superchip. Also I did check out the uprev but i haven't gone in depth with it yet. I'm currently still trying to find a dyno somehwere here or close to where i live but no luck yet. I really appreciae the tip though

·
Registered
236 Posts
ive done a muffler swap,cai and a bully dog and the bully dog programmer by far made the biggest improvement just cause it got rid of the wot restriction.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Uprev is the best tuner, but you may not need it if your not really into modding. If you have an 04-07 Titan, than a Detroit Tru-Track would be a good mod, Nismo headers (my fav but there is more to choose from). Uprev and Nismo LT headers made ginormous gains when they were installed. If you plan to get headers then I would go with Uprev. Uprev will custom tune you for your mods so you get every bit of power. Not to mention you can get 5 tunes such as economy, towing, 87 performance, 93 octane performance, stock, Valet mode and so on. But if you just want a good bang for a bit cheaper, than a handheld will def please you, its just not a custom tune

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
IMO..dont go with the handheld programemrs UNLESS you are POSITIVE that is all you will do. I run my truck w/ superchips and i love it. But now i am putting headers and 07 intake manifold which requires uprev...do it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I would get uprev. I had a bullydog for a year and am getting ready for Nismo Headers. The Bullydog will really wake your truck up, I was very happy with mine. I would have kept it if it wasn't for the headers. I never planned on getting the headers that's why I got the Bullydog, so if you plan on keeping your truck I say get Uprev because the modding never stops, do it right the first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts