Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I go to my local U-Haul and buy a hitch for my 2006 SE CC, what else will I need? I know on my Xterra it came prewired so I just bought the harness and the actual ball and was good to go, but I've been reading on here that I will need to buy and relay and what not, so rather than sift through multiple posts I figured I would just post a new thread.......so I appologize if this topic has been beat to death. However, thanks for the help/info!

Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
You will need 3 relays from the dealer. They are somewhere around $20 each. I dont know what the cost of the UHAUL hitch is but you can get a OEM hitch from the dealer that includes 2 relays (the kit still geared toward 04,05) and the 7way plug. I chose that route since for the $220 i paid i was having trouble finding parts to piece together that made the complete kit.

PS the 3rd relay is for the Trailer brakes so if you dont have or plan on using electric brakes you dont need it. I have a 04 so im not sure why 06 has 3 relays instead of 2 though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, well the U-Haul hitch is $129.95, so another $40 for 2 relays I suppose isn't too bad, because I have no need for the electric brakes relay. I saw in one thread a guy posted that is was cheaper to buy the relays from nissan parts rather than courtesy parts, so I will prob do the same.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
MrJonMan said:
OK, well the U-Haul hitch is $129.95, so another $40 for 2 relays I suppose isn't too bad, because I have no need for the electric brakes relay. I saw in one thread a guy posted that is was cheaper to buy the relays from nissan parts rather than courtesy parts, so I will prob do the same.
Call the uhual dealer and ask, I thought I saw somewhere that everything you needed was included with theirs.

Also, ford sells the same relays for half the price.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vipzach said:
Call the uhual dealer and ask, I thought I saw somewhere that everything you needed was included with theirs.

Also, ford sells the same relays for half the price.
hmm....i will have to look into that, because all i did was look online.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
MrJonMan said:
hmm....i will have to look into that, because all i did was look online.
I was wrong about the u-haul hitch. I called the u-hual place here and they only have the hitch, no relays. You also have to buy a $27 dollar thing that is an adapter for a four and seven pin plug.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just bought and installed the Nissan Hitch package from the dealership for $220.00 a couple of days ago. In the kit is the hitch and 2 relays and a plug. The 07 needs a 3rd relay. It is 6 bolts to mount the hitch and the relays just snap in under the hood on the passenger side. The plug you just set in and twist it 90 degrees. The wiring from the truck was tucked up behind the bumper. I just pulled that down and plugged it into the plug attached to the hitch. It took all of about 20 mins. :D

I was going to go with the Uhaul hitch which was $129.00 for the hitch and $34.00 for the lighting kit and I would still have to buy the 3 relays for another $60.00. :ftard:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i got mine installed with some towing company that sells trailers too... it included hitch receiver 2" ball and wiring for 200

1 - 8 of 8 Posts