Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the left side AC/heater vent does not have a left / right adjustment? I wonder why it is that way? If my hands are cold from scraping ice, I like to adjust the vents to blow warm air on my hands while they are on the steering wheel. I thought I would get another right side vent from a wrecked Titan in the future and put it on the left side but the vents are different sizes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
stevnmd said:
Huh? You mean the vent closest to the driver's door? Mine has one. It's a big dial beneath the vent... Hmmmmm...

LOL!! Not to rub it in or anything! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oops! Thanks for the post and picture! After I saw your picture I had to go outside and look for myself. I have that adjustment wheel too but here's how I got confused. The vent to the right of the steering wheel has a single tab for the adjustment of both the left/right function as well as the up/down adjustment. So I figured that the left side would be the same - wrong. I am 6'-2" and cannot see the adjustment wheel while driving. It is on the bottom and hidden by the louvers of the vent. Because the vents work different, I never looked for that adjustment wheel. Did any other Titantalk members get confused or am I the only dummy? :hat:

P.S. Can the moderator of this post remove my initial post and the replies so that I don't look so stupid? I would hate to have to attend a Titan rally with a bag over my head. :jester:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Honestly, the only reason I knew to point it out was I noticed it today while sitting in a parking lot on the phone. I was like, "Ooh, does this just close the vent or move it side to side? Wow, side to side... Cool..."

Don't feel bad. :)

·
Super Moderator
35,930 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Oops! Thanks for the post and picture! After I saw your picture I had to go outside and look for myself. I have that adjustment wheel too but here's how I got confused. The vent to the right of the steering wheel has a single tab for the adjustment of both the left/right function as well as the up/down adjustment. So I figured that the left side would be the same - wrong. I am 6'-2" and cannot see the adjustment wheel while driving. It is on the bottom and hidden by the louvers of the vent. Because the vents work different, I never looked for that adjustment wheel. Did any other Titantalk members get confused or am I the only dummy? :hat:
How can you be a dummy? You OWN a TITAN!!!!!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Bayou Titan said:

P.S. Can the moderator of this post remove my initial post and the replies so that I don't look so stupid? I would hate to have to attend a Titan rally with a bag over my head. :jester:
Oh c'mon...when do i get to have any fun?!?!? LOL If you want it removed, let me know..i'll take care of it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"If my hands are cold from scraping ice"

O.K., now I'm curious. How much ice do you actually have to scrape down on the bayou?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bayou Titan, you've demonstrated your high intelligence many times here on the forum, so no problem there! :jester: I'm still discovering thingy features in my Titan every day...really like that flip-out adjustable cup holder for my 44 oz. Big Gulp! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's roadtrip to enjoy more of the Titan experience...just wish Titan came equipped with a calendar that stated that every day was Saturday! :jester: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bestatchess said:
"If my hands are cold from scraping ice"

O.K., now I'm curious. How much ice do you actually have to scrape down on the bayou?
I live in north Louisiana which is about as far north as Dallas, TX. (Dallas is only 180 mi. away) It gets cold here Dec. and Jan. We usually get a dusting of snow every year. The temps can easily dip into the 20's at night during the winter months and occassionaly get into the teens. Believe it or not we've had record low temps before that were below 0!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts