Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reached 90,000 miles with the Titan and it still runs strong. The only issues I see is the leather seats and the wear and tear they get exposed too daily. Seat belts on the 2004 are still a little bit tricky but I managed to fix them myself. Tires are still the Mich's and it probably has about 25% left in them from 50k. Other than that, I'd say the tranny is a little bit less prestigious from the first time I rolled it off the lot but its functioning normally unless i'm going to be a stickler and be anal about it not shifting as smoothly as I remembered. The engine is running smoothly and the only problem I see now is the battery. I make sure my lights are always off and nothing electronic is draining the battery. I find myself having to jumpstart the truck and its the only annoying thing on there.

I would also like to let all the members know about Costco's rail guard for full size trucks

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11234361&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|3960|50829&N=4015373&Mo=16&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=50829&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

It's a great price that includes shipping so its a deal!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
congrats on the 90k.. should be just breakin her in.
All my past Nissans got well over 200-400k miles.
Just curious.. Have you replaced your tranny fluid yet? and if so have you tried the synthetic replace??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice to hear. I would treat it to a tranny flush and fill and bget a new battery. That should keep her going for another 90k. Looks like she does some towing too. The tranny flush/fill should be at the top of your priority. Congrats man:haveredfl

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In all honesty, I did the tranny flush but with the Nissan J-Matic Fluid. I'm guessing its just my mind playing tricks on me about the quality of the shifting.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Need to change your sig.

I just hit 72K and treated her to a tranny flush and fill. She is running as good as the day I bought her so I figure I will get to 150K before I trade her in on a newer model.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats on making it to 90K! Do you race your truck? Full throttle starts? Do you tow, if so how much weight and how often? Or do you take it easy on her?

I see so many "blown rear end" type of threads and wonder how much has to do with driving behavior vs build quality. Just wondering how you treat your truck. Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts