Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold my truck few weeks ago and just wanted to say thanks for the many years of info and advice. Nothing wrong with either car, just needed to make a change for logistical and monetary reasons. Feel like I betrayed an old friend. Had her since 2004 and she was a great vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
160,971 Posts
...and another one bites the dust. :(

So you sold both of those, what replaced them?

·
Premium Member
58,344 Posts
And more bad news for a fin fan, the Dolphins got shut out at home. Damn. I hope you have some good news in your life.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Why not just sell the Z-car and pay-off the remaining balance on the Titan then pocket the rest?

·
Super Moderator
160,971 Posts
Sounds really nice! And new, and paid off! Whole lot to be said for that.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
FWIW, the large Sears and Thule Cargo Boxes fit really nice on top of a Murano. :D

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
God Pops, your like my dad, always had good advice, the right answers and proof behind it.

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well at least the new rides paid for. Who knows what the future brings.

Good luck in you playoff game.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
God Pops, your like my dad, always had good advice, the right answers and proof behind it.
Thank you sir, I try... :teeth:

I'm hoping that FLfinfan might stick around.. The members over at NissanMurano.org are an awesome group with tons of knowledge but a former Admin locked the site down really tight and you cannot go back and edit your old posts anymore so I stopped posting over there and started spending more time on here instead. :D

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW, the large Sears and Thule Cargo Boxes fit really nice on top of a Murano. :D

Been spending what little free time I have looking for roof boxes. Is that a Thule? What name/model? I have lots of questions! Looks big.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Been spending what little free time I have looking for roof boxes. Is that a Thule? What name/model? I have lots of questions! Looks big.
That is an old Sears Sport 20-SV that I picked up from a Garage Sale for $20.... At that time, Sears' boxes were rebranded Thule and i think they still are but I'm not sure... Here's a closer pic of the box:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My MO roof rack cross bars are not adjustable. Do these roof boxes have to be an exact fit or are they adjustable with the mounting points?

·
Registered
615 Posts
True story..about 15 years ago a group of guys all went on a camping/fishing/beer drinking get away to northern Cali from the L.A. area and we packed alot of sh*t in one of those huge cases. Anyway as we're driving up in two large economy-vans, the van in front of us didn't secure the case properly..and it flew off onto the freeway (210 or 5fwy) it looked to me like a space shuttle or something. Next thing you see is a semi-truck nail it and stuff flying everywhere. I remember feathers (from sleeping bags/pillows) flying around that resembled a snow storm. Both vans pulled over & we made sure the other case was secure--then we bolted, as there was no way to retrieve anything on a busy freeway and if we stuck around, were likely to get fined by the chp. Moral of the story, secure those sucka's good!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
My MO roof rack cross bars are not adjustable. Do these roof boxes have to be an exact fit or are they adjustable with the mounting points?
The predrilled mounting points would not fit on the Armada (stupid roof rack design) so I just drilled 4 new holes to fit it on... My Murano roof rack has stationary bars like yours and it fit on there great with no modifications whatsoever.

I don't understand why Nissan insists on making non-adjustable crossbars, that's just dumb. :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts