Nissan Titan Forum banner

Just wanted to say thanks and goodbye

4K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  FLfinfan 
#1 · (Edited)
Sold my truck few weeks ago and just wanted to say thanks for the many years of info and advice. Nothing wrong with either car, just needed to make a change for logistical and monetary reasons. Feel like I betrayed an old friend. Had her since 2004 and she was a great vehicle.

#2 ·
...and another one bites the dust. :(

So you sold both of those, what replaced them?

#3 ·
And more bad news for a fin fan, the Dolphins got shut out at home. Damn. I hope you have some good news in your life.

#7 ·
Sounds really nice! And new, and paid off! Whole lot to be said for that.

#9 ·
God Pops, your like my dad, always had good advice, the right answers and proof behind it.

Reactions: Pops
#12 · (Edited)
Thank you sir, I try... :teeth:

I'm hoping that FLfinfan might stick around.. The members over at NissanMurano.org are an awesome group with tons of knowledge but a former Admin locked the site down really tight and you cannot go back and edit your old posts anymore so I stopped posting over there and started spending more time on here instead. :D

#10 ·
Well at least the new rides paid for. Who knows what the future brings.

Good luck in you playoff game.

#20 ·
The predrilled mounting points would not fit on the Armada (stupid roof rack design) so I just drilled 4 new holes to fit it on... My Murano roof rack has stationary bars like yours and it fit on there great with no modifications whatsoever.

I don't understand why Nissan insists on making non-adjustable crossbars, that's just dumb. :lol:

#19 ·
True story..about 15 years ago a group of guys all went on a camping/fishing/beer drinking get away to northern Cali from the L.A. area and we packed alot of sh*t in one of those huge cases. Anyway as we're driving up in two large economy-vans, the van in front of us didn't secure the case properly..and it flew off onto the freeway (210 or 5fwy) it looked to me like a space shuttle or something. Next thing you see is a semi-truck nail it and stuff flying everywhere. I remember feathers (from sleeping bags/pillows) flying around that resembled a snow storm. Both vans pulled over & we made sure the other case was secure--then we bolted, as there was no way to retrieve anything on a busy freeway and if we stuck around, were likely to get fined by the chp. Moral of the story, secure those sucka's good!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pops
#21 · (Edited)
Pops, "That is an old Sears Sport 20-SV".
Does that mean 20 cubic feet?
Do the points where it attaches to the roof rack have any play at all, like it could slide alittle bigger or alittle smaller for different roof rack cross bar spreads? Or just holes for "U" bolts?

I was thinking something alittle more streamlined. 8 - 13 cubic feet should be ok. We will put everything in those really big zip locks so it lays flat.

Inno 8 cubic ft box

on a car

8 cubic ft Thule side kick

I am working with a usable roof top area of about 53 - 55 inches to allow my hatch to go up so dogs can get in and out easy. So no really long surboard shaped types of 70 and 80 inches.
Also have a cross bar spread of about 30 to 33 inches.
Weight limit of 100 lbs.

#22 ·
Pops, "That is an old Sears Sport 20-SV".
Does that mean 20 cubic feet?
Do the points where it attaches to the roof rack have any play at all, like it could slide alittle bigger or alittle smaller for different roof rack cross bar spreads? Or just holes for "U" bolts?

I was thinking something alittle more streamlined. 8 - 13 cubic feet should be ok. We will put everything in those really big zip locks so it lays flat.
Yea, I think it's 20' cu... Mine has slightly different attachment hardware than the newer ones have. It's been posted that Yakima boxes can't be drilled to relocate the mounting hardware unless you go to the hardware store to piece together a new mounting kit because it's all integrated into the box....

This is the new version of my hardware:

#30 ·
dang FLfinfan... its been a long run! can't believe its that time to move on already. sometimes i wish i could but i promised myself and to my baby that i'd never abandon her. with as much fabrication as i've had done on her she's definitely now a keeper. well its been great having you on the forum for all these years. you've had good to great advice thru the years. i'm pretty sure the switch to the murano is a happy one. they are great vehicles. i've been eyeing the newer fx35s but i like the muranos too for a second personal vehicle. anyhow, hope to see you around from time to time. i myself, like pops, am hardly on here but pop in from time to time.

best of luck FLfinfan!!! - desertrunner823... AKA: tortuga/prometheus/40oztofreedom/h00ligan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.