Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive lurked around this site for a couple of years now, and finally registered tonight. I did it so I could thank you all for the insite and knowlege you provide for me and my Titan. It was because of this forum that I learned my exhaust manifold's were covered under the 80k mile warranty. I took my truck into the dealership here in Asheville in 3/09 for a recall issue. I asked them to check for the "noisy" underhood problem that we all know about. I had 73,000 miles on the truck. I was told it was part of the powertrain, and therefore not covered by warranty...and given a price quote on how much it would be to fix it. Needless to say it went unfixed....flash forward to 1/11..I go in for a recall again on the Titan and bring up the exhaust issue with the ASM-Stephen Merritt. He pulled up my trucks history, and prints out the repair sheet from 2009. Looked me straight in the eyes and said we (the dealership) had screwed up and should have replaced my manifolds. Well now Ive got 93k miles on the T..well over 80k. He provided me a number to call, for NissanUSA and told me to call them. It took just over a week, but the regional rep for my area agreed that Nissan had in fact given me bad information in 2009. They told me to set up an appointment and have them replaced for FREE !
Well I picked up my T this morning from the dealership, and for the first time in years I can hear my duals screaming in the rear, and not a lick of hissing and poping from the front...in fact all i hear now is my K&N sucking air in...its magical ! My wife even commented today that my T sounded mean..:)...And I owe much of this to you guys....SO THANKS !

I know alot of people have had bad luck with some dealerships, and heck I was flat out told wrong in 2009. But the dealership here, my ASM and even Nissan really stepped up...and made things right.

unfortuneatley.............on my way home from the dealership I stopped to get gas and saw a hump in the bed of my truck on the passengers side near the tailgate...WTF??? So back to the dealership I go...seems I now have a busted shackle (which they told me they had seen before), and I get to have it fixed now...this time I gotta pay..so from here its off to searching the forums for busted shackles...to see how hard a fix this is gonna be. Sucks seing a big pimple in the bed of my truck..sucks even worse trying to figure out how I did it???? Ahhhh the Titan trials and tribulations continue...but theres no other truck i would rather own !

Sorry for the long post............Tight Lines

·
Super Moderator
161,498 Posts
Welcome to becoming a registered member. The shackle itself isn't hard. And if it didn't pop through your bed, you were lucky. Get the shackle replaced with either a PRG set, or an '08 and up set, then pound that bed back flat.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are several threads on broken shackles. The 04-07 shackle design is terrible, so Nissan quietly beefed them up starting with the 08 models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading the shackle issues on the forum, and ya'lls responses looks like Im gonna be making a call early monday morning...changing my order to the 08's !

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Here's a front and backside pic of the 08+ shackle:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts