Nissan Titan Forum banner

JW Cams, How hard was your Install? need all the tips I can!

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  BMF'n Titan 
I think this mod is something that a professional mechanic should do. There's a lot of thing's that can go wrong!

I also plan on getting the JWT S2 Cam's for my Titan! :)

I would suggest having some supporting mod's when installing a set of JWT Cam's, but i don't believe it is absolutely necessary. The only mod you really need is Up/Rev for tuning purposes! There has been member's who installed the JWT Cam's before even getting header's. So it's up to you what you want to do, just make sure you have Up/Rev! :)

It has been documented that the JWT S2 Cam's can gain as mush as 30-50HP!

Gas money's is not a problem for me. I never put anything but 93 in my Titan! :)

All at over 4,000 rpm, so you may need to set aside some extra gas money, cuz you probably won't want to be limping around at 2,000 rpm anymore.
This is also why i choose to go with the S2 cam set as opposed to the newly configured S2/S7 cam set. The S2's have a bit of a wider power band as the added power comes in a little sooner than the S2/S7's. I noticed that from listening to member's testimonial's & having watched Toomnymods' & Danblps' 0-60 video's countless times. I basically want my Titan to pull hard from 0-100MPH w/o slowing down! :)

Yes, a higher stall TQ converter will allow you get into the power band sooner in a cammed engine. You do sacrifice some street drive-ability though.

Nice!!! I haven't heard about that yet... Do explain!

Well from what i've gathered from reading several thread's & watching Toomnymod's & Danblp's 0-60 WOT run video's, the S2/S7 combo hit's hard like you said earlier, 4k-redline & even rev past 6K! Which would require the new spring's also, but i don't think we need that for street application. The S2's are a bit milder yes, but i don't need the crazy power in the extreme top end & i think will suit my driving style better. Watch a few of DanBlp's S2/S7 0-60 WOT video's, compared to the one's Toomnymods' after he got his S2's installed. See if yo notice the same difference a i did... :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.