Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toomnymods barely has these things in and I am already reaching for the phone. When he said it really helped his speeds above 55 I started getting misty and I know that unless he has something bad to say, I will be all over these, lol. So the questions are, where is the best place to buy these bad boys and should I get the springs or is that a waste of money? I am no stranger to wasting money, lol, but I like to avoid it if I can. Is there any reason I should even consider the springs? The only place I see that sells these right now is the JWT Web site, am I missing somebody else? I will try to give Toomnymods a couple days to break his in but as happy as he is now, I am gonna have to jump on a set of these. What about it Toomny, was it the 30 beers talking or are these things all that? Any reason to wait on someone elses version of performance cams or are these as good as they get in a daily driver?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
get them and get the springs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
If you have the cash buy them, as for the springs I would get them only if you plan on raising the rev limiter provided anyone out can change this, then you have to change out your pistons for forged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
these cams are definatly worth every penny of the 1,200 thier asking.. not only did it fix the top end , it unleashed EVEN MORE POWER DOWN LOW!! i could never break my 22's loose from a roll before, only from a dead stop they would spin for 5-7 feet at the most, but today twice in a row they broke loose while i was doing 20mph and punched it and spun till 45mph or so.. u know how fast ur truck is now on the low end in first gear with uprev tune?? imagine that kinda power all the way to 100mph without letting up that is what these do, they pull hard as fu#k and don't let up,lol im gonna $hit my pants when i finally spray some nitrous thru it,lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toomnymods said:
these cams are definatly worth every penny of the 1,200 thier asking.. not only did it fix the top end , it unleashed EVEN MORE POWER DOWN LOW!! i could never break my 22's loose from a roll before, only from a dead stop they would spin for 5-7 feet at the most, but today twice in a row they broke loose while i was doing 20mph and punched it and spun till 45mph or so.. u know how fast ur truck is now on the low end in first gear with uprev tune?? imagine that kinda power all the way to 100mph without letting up that is what these do, they pull hard as fu#k and don't let up,lol im gonna $hit my pants when i finally spray some nitrous thru it,lol
You are the man and give your installer buddy a bear hug from me. Don't worry about the shorts, the underwear are on me from here on out. Thanks again for stepping up to try these out, me and the rest of the mod vultures are very grateful to you and all the mod Kings. I can't wait to feel this truck when it's not dying at the top end of the track. Maybe I can trap more than 91MPH in the summer heat. Don't get any tickets and I can't wait to see how your track times improved.
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Toomny isn't doing a very good job of talking you out of these...

He's making me want a set and I'm not even UPREV'd yet.

BTW - JWT replied back and they are working on 2007-08 version but no release date yet (thankfully, sorry kids, no Christmas...Daddy's gotta get cams!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Z-Hauler said:
get them and get the springs.
Any advantage to the springs other than greater RPM capability? Will they do anything to improve performance or longevity in the motor without changing pistons or the rev limit? Any information is appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flippin Pips said:
If you have the cash buy them, as for the springs I would get them only if you plan on raising the rev limiter provided anyone out can change this, then you have to change out your pistons for forged.
This seems to be the consensus and another guy said that the new springs would wear the cams quicker as well. Most everyone has said to leave the springs alone but nobody has said don't buy the cams, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tmaxxattack said:
Toomny isn't doing a very good job of talking you out of these...

He's making me want a set and I'm not even UPREV'd yet.

BTW - JWT replied back and they are working on 2007-08 version but no release date yet (thankfully, sorry kids, no Christmas...Daddy's gotta get cams!)
I don't think kids like cams, lol. Nobody has said DON'T so I guess I'm gonna.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Papa_D said:
Any advantage to the springs other than greater RPM capability? Will they do anything to improve performance or longevity in the motor without changing pistons or the rev limit? Any information is appreciated.
No, the new springs won't wear out the cam quicker. The new springs are more suited to the extra stress brought on by the higher lobes and keeps things on the safer side when upping the rev limits. As for pistons, I wouldn't worry about bothering with them unless you go nitrous or a blower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
alright, i realize i'm kinda bringing this back from the dead, but.....

can you use the cams without being tuned, or do you have to have uprev in order to use the cams? i understand that i can't take full advantage of the cams without the tune, but, can i run them without it, or would it be pointless?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
alright, i realize i'm kinda bringing this back from the dead, but.....

can you use the cams without being tuned, or do you have to have uprev in order to use the cams? i understand that i can't take full advantage of the cams without the tune, but, can i run them without it, or would it be pointless?
would be pointless to run these without a uprev tune and possibly dangerous.. it really messes up ur base fuel schedule and etc tables by installing these... only uprev has the ability to tune for them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Smoke, ALWAYS run a tune if your doing any internal who-ha to an engine...plus, its UPREV, who can say no too it its like cocaine to our trucks ;)

A Bullydog is a nice little dubbie that'll eventually burn out and make the person want more...hell i already want to go to uprev lol:bangit:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
thanks guys, i was pretty sure it would be pointless, wasn't sure if it would be dangerous or not, but now i know.....
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top