1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this email

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Alex,
JWT has now released its new S2 cams for the VK56 Titan. These cams also work in the VK45 as well.

Here is the link to these cams on our web site.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=473

Here is the link to our news and update information on these cams.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp

These cams are $1198.00 for the set of 4 and since these are new billets, there is no core charge. Call us when you are ready to order.

Best regards,
Ben Pila (Technical and Sales Support)
Jim Wolf Technology, Inc.
212 Millar Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020-4219
(619) 442-0680 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
(619) 579-8160 24 hour fax
www.jimwolftechnology.com

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
WOW ABOUT TIME .. the cost is sadly too much for me like everything else ! lol

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they say it's a DROP IN. How much work is involved. i dunnoh.

The JWT S2 cam set for the VK56 is a great all around performance profile that lets this great engine breath like it was designed from 4K to redline with little to no lose in torque below 4k. Designed to just drop in with no other parts needed (use JWT springs if rev. limiter is raised for racing).

·
Registered
561 Posts
sftitan said:
what is vk56
Kidding, right?

It's the Titan's engine.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
On the websites dyno graph, it still shows peak power around 4800 RPM. Something is still holding the engine back. Intake manifold?

I would like to see how much power is being made at 6000 RPM. It states the cams will rev past redline (which is 6200RPM). No sense winding it out if you are losing power.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
SoBeGraphics said:
I just got this email

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Alex,
JWT has now released its new S2 cams for the VK56 Titan. These cams also work in the VK45 as well.

Here is the link to these cams on our web site.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=473

Here is the link to our news and update information on these cams.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp

These cams are $1198.00 for the set of 4 and since these are new billets, there is no core charge. Call us when you are ready to order.

Best regards,
Ben Pila (Technical and Sales Support)
Jim Wolf Technology, Inc.
212 Millar Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020-4219
(619) 442-0680 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
(619) 579-8160 24 hour fax
www.jimwolftechnology.com
Thanks for the update SoBe, will you be sporting a set at OT? lol.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
i<3mytitan said:
I wonder how the gains would be using the UpRev, Long-tubes, exhaust, and these cams...??
Ask me again in a couple months, I may know by then.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think it is a safe bet that Toomanymods will be the first to run these. He has been asking for them for a long time now.

·
Registered
800 Posts
ok, i have a question. i am not a mechanic but how much would a shop charge for this swap?? and how long would it take to do it?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!! about freaking time!! I'll be ordering these in 2 weeks,lol got 300 saved now for autometer gauges but that can wait!! gain of 25+ hp in the top end is definatly what i need.. N/A 13 sec titan in 95 f heat here i come wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!! :gunz: :gunz: :haveredfl :haveredfl :rockon :rockon :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I won't be putting any cams on mine anytime soon but can't wait to see what kind of results you boys will be getting with them.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
my guess is 345-360-rwhp with long tube headers.. This is excactly what the titan drift car is laying down with almost identical mods as me his numbers are 365rwhp / 400ish tq with jba shorties, so i look to hit atleast as high as him.. god i can't wait...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
toomanymods, im hoping your planning on getting these soon so you can enlighten us ! is 400plus shipping a good deal on the jba headers since you brought that up ?

·
Registered
6,043 Posts

Might be an odd question, just curios though. Do our cams install similar to a single cam, non-OHV engine. Just slide them right in there (easier said than done)? Or is it like some motorcycles that I've worked on with DOHC engines, where they would basically drop in from the top and the valve cover holds them in there?? I honestly don't think it would be that hard to to, time consuming, yes, but maybe a 3 of 5 on difficulty, no? I'm sure the rad would need removed, along with a bunch of other stuff on the engine. What about timing chains and such. Where is the tensioner at for those? I need to break down and get a manual, anyone know where I can get one?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts