Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed my k&n cai....everything went well and seems to fit nicely, except the intake tube ever so slightly touches the fan shroud...not bad, and it's not in a bind or anything but it's just barely rubbing the fan shroud. Is anyone else's doing this, or is it anything to be concerned about?

thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the K&N and it doesn't rub on the fan shroud but it does come within 3/4" of it. I think its just how it fits.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just got back inside from fixing it...thought about it for a while before I got up the nerve to do it, but i removed the intake tube and trimmed about 5/8" off of the end that connects to the throttle body so....that brought the entire tube closer to the engine and further away from the fan shroud.....not much, but enough so that i now have about 3/4" clearance also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I am looking at some performance upgrades for my '08. How do you like the K&N? Did you put on the 63-series? Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly didn't think it would, but it did make a pretty decent difference...I have a couple of videos that show the difference that I will post when I get home from work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts