Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sitting in between the kc and the cc..anyone with the kc please let us know what you think about giving up alittle bit bigger cab with the cc to get more room in the bed of the truck for around(I'm guessing) 2 grand. Anyone with the crew cab please give me any opinions on your reasoning to go with the cc. Is the kc that much smaller, or does it seem to be, compared to the cc? What are the main features you think that you lose by getting a kc vs a cc? And one more question, those with the kc, do you think that there is still enough room in the back for 2 possibly 3 average adults.Thanks again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
Texag,

We went KC for a couple of reasons. I have a son I get for visitation that is 15. He is 5'11" and can easily ride in the back seat with his long legs (Granted, he does sit behind my wifes side though for more room).

As we normally only have others for a short time in back, we chose the KC to get the extra bed space for a quad with the gate up.

Last reason is the price difference....why pay for what we aren't going to use very much.


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
I went with a Crew Cab for people space...let's just say I learned my lesson with an extended cab Tundra. In my personal opinion, the straight up seat back in the rear is just way too uncomfortable for most people, especially on longer trips. I know, I know, I won't have to ride back there, but when I do have back seat passengers, I also don't want to have the drivers seat pushed forward to make room for my long legged friends.

If you haul a lot of stuff in the bed, the KC may be the better one for you, but I just prefer the added space in the CC better. It also gives you more space for stuff in the cab should it be raining or you just want to lock a bunch of junk in the truck without having available for sticky fingers to grab in the bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I went for the KC as well due to the fact that I wanted to be able to haul my quad and gear with the tailgate locked up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
It really is what you need it for. We went with the KC because we have no kids and rarely have more than 2 people in the truck. I have had some tall folks in the back and they seem to have no prblem with comfort. If you plan on regularly driving passengers, the CC might not be a bad choice. I wanted the extra bedspace as well. I will say that the KC seems to have alot more space than most KC models.
Cheers,
Jeremy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
texag said:
sitting in between the kc and the cc..anyone with the kc please let us know what you think about giving up alittle bit bigger cab with the cc to get more room in the bed of the truck for around(I'm guessing) 2 grand. Anyone with the crew cab please give me any opinions on your reasoning to go with the cc. Is the kc that much smaller, or does it seem to be, compared to the cc? What are the main features you think that you lose by getting a kc vs a cc? And one more question, those with the kc, do you think that there is still enough room in the back for 2 possibly 3 average adults.Thanks again.
I was originally going to get a KC, but the wife said go ahead and get the CC. Who was i to argue.

There's alot of room in the KC, but the seat back angle isn't designed for longer trips. I'm 5'8" and could fit easily behind either seat, but anyone taller might be a tight fit behind the driver.

We are having a baby soon so our parents and relatives will visiting alot, and the CC willl be great for hauling everyone around. I plan to do some home improvement and the 5'7" bed should be plenty big for hauling lumber and stuff (especially with the bed extender).

Like others have said, get what fits your lifestyle best. Either way you'll really enjoy the Titan. :upsidedow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Either choice is a winner...I chose CC as I always enjoyed the extra room in back of my '01 CC Frontier to haul all my hunting gear or extra people-now, with the Titan CC, I can haul both, simultaneously, if I want to...I rarely use the bed at all, but the Utili-track system will get a work out at some point!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everyone thanks for the input, I think I'm going for the KC over the CC. Probably ordering within the next week, let ya'll know how it goes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,088 Posts
I purchased the CC because I wanted more people space and interior hauling space. With the back seats folded up, there is a tremendous amount of space on the floor in the CC to put things that you don't want to get rained on or stolen. I bought a brand new utility trailer so I can use this if I need more hauling capability. I like how the it the CC looks too.

I don't like to criticize the KC because it has strengths that were pointed out in previous posts. Both the KC and CC are both good for their own reasons. Buy what you want and enjoy! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
I went with the KC because mainly it'll be just me in it. On occasion I will have more than on passengers, however it isn't very often. It'll be more often that I would need the extra bed space for hauling before needing the people room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Of course all the Titans are beautiful, but personally, I just like the looks of a King Cab better. I also wanted the extra bed space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
I got the King Cab because this truck is for hauling me, my wife, and our bikes and bike junk. When I was truck shopping, I tried to find an extended-cab full-sized truck without rear doors at all (like my 96 GMC) but no one makes them anymore. I always think the rear doors are an invitation to leaks and rattles, and don't allow for as rigid a body. But after I used the 180-degree rear doors on the Titan, I am sold (or at least until they start to leak and rattle).

The crew cab just looks odd to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Farmer Fred said:
I got the King Cab because this truck is for hauling me, my wife, and our bikes and bike junk. When I was truck shopping, I tried to find an extended-cab full-sized truck without rear doors at all (like my 96 GMC) but no one makes them anymore. I always think the rear doors are an invitation to leaks and rattles, and don't allow for as rigid a body. But after I used the 180-degree rear doors on the Titan, I am sold (or at least until they start to leak and rattle).

The crew cab just looks odd to me.
What do you ride Farmer Fred?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I went with the CC. I'm 6'2" 210, and most of my friends are a little bigger than me so I need the room. Plus the wife and I will be having kids soon and the CC will be easier for a child seat. I sat in the back of the KC and I just didn't fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
It all depends if you are planning on having people in the back seat, my kids are 17, 14, 6, and I will tell you what, dont let the others fool you by telling you that there is room in the back for adults in the king cab, because that is not true, especially for a road trip, I have had extended or king cabs in the past, does not work, well make your own decision on what your needs are !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
SE KC's got room for six+

we fit seven adults: weighing in from110#s to 220# and from 5'3" TO 6'3" three women and four men for a 2.5 hour round trip to the coast. Four sat in the back, three upfront on the se bench. the biggest guy in the back (beind the passenger seat) had no complaints. matter of fact, we were all cozy and happy. the dog was in doggie-crate out on the 6.5' bed, along with the ample picnic stuff.

this past weekend we hauled three mountian bikes (with front wheel left on -- could not have done that in a CC cab), our racing gear, food, and our dog. I think we could have still done it with a CC's 5'6' or 5'7' bed, but we had room to spare in the 6'5' bed.

when we went to the city dumps, the KC's ample bed room plus the bed extender was appreciated.

The KC bed would haul motorcycles easier.

When we take our chain saws to a national forest to gather dead trees for firewood the 6.5 and bed extender will again come in handly.

we're planning on laying in varnished bambo or marin plywood on the bed so we can stretchout a take a nap when we're in the backwoods..

now our big kc question is: sliding 'tonnalou' cover or camper shell or leave it open (???)

also, we like the KC 'cause little kids can't open the door by themselves without opening the front door. I once save a six year old kid (i, also a kid) was sitting in the middle when i saw the rear door fling out open from centrifual force of the sweeping turn while the kid was playing with the door and i grab the boy just in time (was half way out) from being flung out of the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Come on 4 people in the back, had to feel like they were sardines, like I said earlier it all depends what your needs are, but dont believe for a minute 4 people in the back were comfortable, I am 6'1" and i had to sit with my legs open, could not sit with my legs straight out !!!! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
pluckyew said:
we fit seven adults: weighing in from110#s to 220# and from 5'3" TO 6'3" three women and four men for a 2.5 hour round trip to the coast. Four sat in the back, three upfront on the se bench. the biggest guy in the back (beind the passenger seat) had no complaints. matter of fact, we were all cozy and happy. the dog was in doggie-crate out on the 6.5' bed, along with the ample picnic stuff.

this past weekend we hauled three mountian bikes (with front wheel left on -- could not have done that in a CC cab), our racing gear, food, and our dog. I think we could have still done it with a CC's 5'6' or 5'7' bed, but we had room to spare in the 6'5' bed.

when we went to the city dumps, the KC's ample bed room plus the bed extender was appreciated.

The KC bed would haul motorcycles easier.

When we take our chain saws to a national forest to gather dead trees for firewood the 6.5 and bed extender will again come in handly.

we're planning on laying in varnished bambo or marin plywood on the bed so we can stretchout a take a nap when we're in the backwoods..

now our big kc question is: sliding 'tonnalou' cover or camper shell or leave it open (???)

also, we like the KC 'cause little kids can't open the door by themselves without opening the front door. I once save a six year old kid (i, also a kid) was sitting in the middle when i saw the rear door fling out open from centrifual force of the sweeping turn while the kid was playing with the door and i grab the boy just in time (was half way out) from being flung out of the car.
Hmmmm. My 8 and 3 year olds don't "fly out" of the back of my Passat or my XTerra. I can only assume the Titan CC allows you to disable the interior door opening handle to keep kids from opening the doors at inappropriate times.

I also am torn as to what to do about topper or cover etc. Good friend of mine has a '98 F-150 with a solid tonneau cover. It looks great (even on the F-dog), but it is pretty much useless to camp out of or haul stuff to the dump etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
And yes on my crew cab there is a manual lock on the inside door to prevent opening from the inside, nice for the young ones, would not want them "to fly out".
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top