Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, So I installed my KC Aux/Reverse lights back in December of 08, a month or so ago the lights went out. Well, I finally got around to opening them up today to see what bulbs they took only to be highly surprised that the entire reflector assembly is corroded to hell, so badly that the ground post broke off. I checked their website and saw that they have a 23 year warranty. I sent the info and pictures to them to see if they will honor it, but I just thought i'd post something here as well. See if anybody has dealt with them at all. Check the pics out, pretty crummy!
-Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'm glad I don't have to deal with the salt all of the time.

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprisingly it has only seen 2 real Ohio winters, before that it spent a year in Washington. They seemed pretty sealed, but I guess I was a little wrong. I'm hoping that they honor that warranty of theirs. I didn't see any disclaimers about mounting locations or anything, and they were built and designed to be reverse lights, so you'd think they would have been a bit more sealed. Oh well. If they send new ones, i'm going to do some mods with sealing them better and making sure I have lots of dielectric grease on the plugs as well as making sure I don't have to cut any wires to change bulbs out. Live and learn I guess!

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
Looking forward to what KC does about it. I have the KC Daylighters on the front of my winch mount and thought about getting the backup lights from them too.

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I received a response from one of their customer service reps, A bit rude in his opening, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to waste time sending them in under their warranty. He said to just send them in as directed in their warranty instructions, So I'm going to send them out probably Thursday night and by next week I should have new lights. When they arrive I already have my plans on the fix though. I'm going to zip tie both inside and outside parts of the wiring so it won't shift in or out. Going to make sure the Quick Disconnect for the bulb is easily exposed and going to di electric the heck out of it. I'm going to then use some gasket maker to seal up both the inside and outside of where the wires go through the housing, and then as I put it all back together, seal it up real well with gasket maker. I'd rather be safe than to have this issue again. This is also the first problem i've come across with these lights since the install in December of 08.

Here is their warranty: KC HiLiTES > Warranty

KC HiLiTES 23 Year Warranty Policy
We proudly warranty all of our products against failure for a period of 23 years. If a housing or reflector begins to rust, if a switch fails, if a cover fades from the sun – we even warranty all of our bulbs against burnout. Exclusions are abuse and damage caused by accidents.
Defective products must be returned to KC HiLiTES, freight prepaid. At our option, we will repair or replace items in question and return them at no charge. This warranty is limited to the original purchaser and a sales receipt may be required.
Please include your name, telephone number, and a street address where the product can be returned to you. When we receive your product, in most cases, it will be repaired or replaced within 2 business days and then returned to you via UPS ground service. UPS Air Freight or Federal Express service is available at your expense.
Warranty items may be returned to:

KC HiLiTES
Warranty Department
2843 W. Avenida de Luces
Williams, AZ 86046
Tel: (928) 635-2607 (M – F, 7AM – 5PM MST)

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
Good deal.

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I heard back from them...Well, I actually had a package from them with 2 new light assemblies! So I must say, I was skeptical, but they hold up to their warranty and I'm quite pleased to say that I'm even more satisfied with their products!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts