Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally set aside some time to drop off my truck at the dealership and get the rear door wiring harness recall taken care of. I also had a couple other issues looked at, but I will save those details for another thread once I do a little research and have a better understanding of how to approach those matters.

Now that the recall has been performed, When ever I open or close the rear doors I get a scrubbing noise. The harness is now rubbing up against the body every time the door is opened and closed. It is also tugging on the weather stripping around the door. It looks to me like the harness was improperly installed. I am guessing that the harness is supposed to be positioned on the other side of the hinge post, but I do not remember how it was prior to the repair. Attached are a couple of pics. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could compare these photos to how your "post recall" harness looks and let me know if it is or is not correct...or if I am just going crazy.:lol:

Thanks in advance!:D
Vehicle door Vehicle

Pipe Metal Steel Fuel line Plumbing

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I am just being picky. I just don't like how the correction of one potential problem caused another problem.:dunno:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Here's a pic of mine after the TSB:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,430 Posts
sudden urge said:
Here's a pic of mine after the TSB:
Is it just me or does the dealer fix consist of some corrugated wire cover and about 90 feet of electrical tape?????

Not a very professional fix in my opinion from Nissan. I was expecting to see something new.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
jmeyer said:
Is it just me or does the dealer fix consist of some corrugated wire cover and about 90 feet of electrical tape?????

Not a very professional fix in my opinion from Nissan. I was expecting to see something new.

No, it's 50' of tape over a plastic corrugated sheathing...lol.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. And for the photo Sudden Urge. Now I can reposition the wiring harness' to NOT scrub when I use the doors.:D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had mine done a while back , and i thought it looked like a sh!tty job to. Nissan could have used a new rubber connector and had a lot nicer looking job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts