Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting a Titan SE 4x4 w/ Big Tow hopefully in May. What I just can't make up my mind about is whether to get the King Cab or Crew Cab. It's just me, the wife, a dog and sometimes some backpacking gear and possibly some kayaking stuff in the future. The wife seems to think the bed length will be an issue but I'm not so sure. Anyone know their inside bed length on a CC with the bed extender? I'm thinking it might be close to 7.5'. Any thoughts from those that own either the KC or CC? One thing I do like about the KC is that the back seats fold both ways and not just up. Or do the CC rear seats do the same?

Hope this came out right. It's my first time posting here.

Chris

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
"Anyone know their inside bed length on a CC with the bed extender?"

Pursuant to Nissan's web site:

CC Dimensions:

Exterior
Wheelbase 139.8
Overall length 224.2
Overall width w/o mirrors 78.8
Overall height (4x2/4x4) 75.1/76.7
Track width (front/rear) 67.5/67.5
Cargo bed
Length 67.1
Depth 19.9
Width 63.8

The maximum effective extension of the bed extender goes to the end of the tailgate, which adds about 20-21 inches, according to my tape measure. If you have a sliding bed divider lowered and pushed up against the cab, that takes up about 3 inches of the bed length.

"One thing I do like about the KC is that the back seats fold both ways and not just up. Or do the CC rear seats do the same?"

Yes. The lever to fold the bottom of the rear seat up is obvious and located on the lower side portion of the rear seat. To fold the rear seat back down, you yank up on a somewhat obscure little fabric loop on the top of the seat back to release the latch, and then fold the seat back down.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
We went with the KC vice CC as its just 'US' and my son once in a while. Everynow and then we carry 'family' with us hence we got the Bench option to fit 6.

We also 'saved' some going with the KC which allowed us to add a couple Pkgs we did want (Big-Tow and Off-Road).

I personally also like having the extra bed length for some 'desert toys' soon.

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
We went with the CC as it will be much more comfortable for passengers and most of my friends now need child seats. The CC just gives us more passenger room.

As long as my quad can get in the bed (with the tailgate down) i'm happy with the size of the bed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went with the CC for a few reasons. I noticed once when closing the KC front door that because it has to interlock with the back door... the two together didn't seem solid when shutting the front door. The two doors seemed to flex inward and though barely noticeable at first I figured as with most vehicles the seals/latches would wear over the years and this would get worse.

The other thing was legroom and storage space. I felt with either one you get some pretty good space with the rear seats folded up... but then with the KC you'd have to be a kid to sit in the back or move the front seats up. The rear seats also didn't seem to be too comfortable either.

As far as loss of space in the bed... its a truck. Get a trailer and tow whatever doesn't fit in the bed. GRIN

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
KC's bed is about 6' 7" (about 79", thats about 12" longer than CC) usable length with a drop-in bedliner. I have a Yamaha Raptor (quad for anyone who doesn't ride) and it has an extended swingarm of 4" and STILL fits inside the bed WITH the tailgate shut. The Tundra, I had to lay the tailgate down and secure the bike better. Also, the quad is wider than stock and still fits great between the wheel wells with VP gas jugs down the sides. I love this bed!!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
maverick17 said:
I went with the CC for a few reasons. I noticed once when closing the KC front door that because it has to interlock with the back door... the two together didn't seem solid when shutting the front door. The two doors seemed to flex inward and though barely noticeable at first I figured as with most vehicles the seals/latches would wear over the years and this would get worse.

The other thing was legroom and storage space. I felt with either one you get some pretty good space with the rear seats folded up... but then with the KC you'd have to be a kid to sit in the back or move the front seats up. The rear seats also didn't seem to be too comfortable either.

As far as loss of space in the bed... its a truck. Get a trailer and tow whatever doesn't fit in the bed. GRIN
The CC has a more solid door structure, but smaller bed.

As far as "It's a truck, tow it!" philosophy, towing limits you in my part of town (CA) to 55mph. With my bikes in the bed of the KC (with the tailgate up, btw) I do 80 mph or whatever I can get away with, not to mention the milage is horrible when towing the same payload on a trailer as compareed to hauling in the bed.
If I constantly used my PICKUP TRUCK! to haul people then I would trade it in for a minivan. I am 6'3" and I sat in the back of my KC when I was not able to drive on several occasions :cheers: and I had plenty of legroom WITH the front seats all the way back BUT The upright back did get annoying on longer trips. Are the CrewCab's back seats reclinable?
For the occasional use as most pickup truck owners would have, the KC is a better value. If your truck is for a soccer mom, than the CC might be the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a hard time deciding myself but went with the CC and I could not be happier. My previous car was an SUV so I was used to having a lot of inside room and didn't think I would need the larger bed. I bought the bed extender and Overhead racks just in case I needed some extra space from time to time but my Quad fits fine and that's all that matters to me.

If you are used to a four door car/truck than I would highly recommend the CC because it is AMAZING how much space you get with the seats down AND with the seats up. Your dog would be very happy back there! Plus I think the CC looks slightly better. If you can think of something that you would need the added length for than I'd consider the KC but I tried hard and realized the shorter bed would be fine for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agonized over the decision of which to get before I ordered mine. I ultimately decided that while it would be convenient to have the CC when carrying passengers, the KC was more suited to my needs.

I wanted the extra bed space for hauling motorcycles, and cargo in general plus even though I frequently drive when my friends and I go out, the KC is not too bad for passengers on trips of 200 miles or less.

In fact, I actually sat in the back of KC before I even sat in the front of a CC or KC and at 6'1", I had enough room to not be uncomfortable.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts