Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the RF system in my Titan and have an Alpine CD/XM High Power head unit I was planning on putting in the place of the OEM head unit. Problem is, I don't see many guys on here that have replaced the OEM head unit. SO, I have some questions.

1. Should I just sell my Alpine and just add my 2 amps to the OEM unit? Crutchfield has Factory Sound Processorshttp://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Group/ProductMenu.aspx?g=318850&c=3&tp=6870&avf=N to add Amps and get better sound to aftermarket speakers.

2. If I keep OEM head unit, which sound processor is good and doesn't give me engine noise and feedback when added? I plan on using it to replace the door speakers and running the 4 MBQuarts through my 4 channel MTX amp and my Bazooka bass tube through an additional MTX amp. The rest of the speakers will be running off the OEM head unit leads.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Thats really up to you. If you are going with aftermarket amps anyway and you have the Alpine to use then thats the best option. However if you like the factory look then buy the REQ and use that. It works awesome and is a lot cheaper than the JL or RF units.

Tech12Volts (James) can hook you up with whatever you need. He is a site sponsor and has good prices.

Here is his web page.
http://shop.tech12volts.com/main.sc

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man,
I'll send him an e-mail to get his advice......

·
Registered
205 Posts
welcome good to see some more people from houston here. if you havent found out tech is the audio guru and an great guy too. i have bought 2 systems from him now and u will not beat the service. he has always been there for my dumb questions. n-e-ways i figured i would say hi and add my opinon to your system. #1 i am running a req in my truck if you would like to hear it before u buy one, or make up ur mind i wanted to use it so it keeps the factory look. #2 dont waist your time with a tube sub you will only spend more money later when it is not enough. you will have to just trust me on this one.lol # 3 new mbs are not what they use to be bostons are the way to go. depending on ur buget go with the sl 60s or the pros and if you think you would like to hear the sl u can hear them in my truck if you would like.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Potential reasons to keep the factory RF HU would include oem NAV, DVD, Sat radio. In the absence of any of the foregoing, I would say go with the Alpine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I'll be selling my high-power Alpine w/Flip Detachable Flip Face/
CD/MP3/WMA/XM head unit for $100-$120 :( :crying: to help pay for my Re-Q5.

Tech and you guys convinced me.....I'd rather be able to control my unit from the steering wheel instead of from a remote control.....and keep a lo pro...

Thanks guys.....

·
Registered
4,808 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Well that is for the hard wired version. You can also get one that uses and eye like a remote control and program it. Those arent are a little harder to install though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts