Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bumper in and upon first glance I was slightly impressed. That didnt last long. You can scrape the paint off with your fingernail and when we went to do install, none of the bolt holes matched and bumper was not centered on truck. Needless to say we waited a month longer than promised and now It'll cost me probably and extra $300 or so for the refab...........Sometimes you get what you pay for.

The owner of Kenesaw "Kyle" said to send him pic and he would assist in the install and my frame was bent on truck..........:teethmast

Needless to say we haven't drove our truck since the day after Christmas.

Heres the pics after the refab, so it would center on the truck. Really sorry excuse for a bumper maker.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I posted a lengthy rant, on CT, about my bumper when I got it several years ago but let me give you some good advise. Take the bumper and have it powder coated before you install it, you will be much happier. I had a nissan dealership, not my regular one, do the install. They quoted me $380. There top tech builds rock crawlers and I knew he would do a good job. It took him and his helper 11 hours to install, and their shop rate is $95 per hour and they honored the quoted price. They claim that you can do it in your driveway and boy am I glad I didnt attempt the job. The original paint and bumper looked horrible after the first winter so I had it removed and powder coated, which looks fine now after two years but find a good company to do the powder coating so it lasts and lasts. good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my bumper looks just like yours (minus the d rings and rubber bumper) The body shop is going to paint it form me. I will powder coat possibly in the future, right now I need to get this truck back to my wife.

I wish I had done a little more research on these guys before i gave them $800+.

They are now going under a "TAG" website. Tactical Armor Group. New name same sorry people.

BTW - Truck looks great.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well good luck with the install and the paint job. I get alot of looks, infact people are just donw right freaked out seeing this hugh steel bumper on the truck. I just need to get a winch for the thing. Im really wanting to do a hydraulic winch set up but funds $$ hemorage like a bad knife cut. Thanks for the bump. Cant wait to see your final pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts