Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Completed my install of a Kenwood DNX-7100 with a KCA-BT100 bluetooth adapter et al this weekend. (Lessons learned and pictures will be posted separately.) The bluetooth worked great when tested after installation. Then when I was leaving church on Sunday night, I could not make a call. Sitting in my garage troubleshooting, I happened to apply the parking brake. Voila! Evidently they think it is safer to dial out on your tiny cell phone than to dial out on the 6.5 inch flat screen. Kenwood disables the dial-out ability except for three pre-programmed numbers (P1, P2, and P3) when the parking brake is not engaged.:boxing: I cannot enter a touch tone ("Press 1 for English"), dial a number, or use the directory to dial a number from the Kenwood while moving. I can answer the phone from the Kenwood.
I intentionally did not install the bypass or a bypass switch because (1) I have no reason to watch movies while moving, (2) It is illegal in many states, and (3) I am a rule-follower. However, I will be breaking this rule :eyebrow: just so I can use the dial-out capabilty and talk on the phone "hands free."
My idea is to install a hidden switch in the wire between the DNX and parking brake wire. The switch will disconnect the parking brake from the DNX and ground out the DNX connection.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
cohee3 said:
Completed my install of a Kenwood DNX-7100 with a KCA-BT100 bluetooh adapter et al this weekend. (Lessons learned and pictures will be posted separately.) The bluetooth worked great when tested after installation. Then when I was leaving church on Sunday night, I could not make a call. Sitting in my garage troubleshooting, I happened to apply the parking brake. Voila! Evidently they think it is safer to dial out on your tiny cell phone than to dial out on the 6.5 inch flat screen. Kenwood disables the dial-out ability except for three pre-programmed numbers (P1, P2, and P3) when the parking brake is not engaged.:boxing: I cannot enter a touch tone ("Press 1 for English"), dial a number, or use the directory to dial a number from the Kenwood while moving. I can answer the phone from the Kenwood.
I intentionally did not install the bypass or a bypass switch because (1) I have no reason to watch movies while moving, (2) It is illegal in many states, and (3) I am a rule-follower. However, I will be breaking this rule :eyebrow: just so I can use the dial-out capabilty and talk on the phone "hands free."
My idea is to install a hidden switch in the wire between the DNX and parking brake wire. The switch will disconnect the parking brake from the DNX and ground out the DNX connection.
i just grounded r1maxs and he can do it all.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
^^^^ And That is what I would call a True Supporting Vendor. Right On tech12.... good on ya

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I grounded mine.

In my car I have the kenwood, and in my truck I have the motorola IHF1000 and I am disappointed to admit it but I like the motorola much better, voice dialing is easier than touch, and it can be a pain to bring up the dialer on the kenwoods whereas the motorola is always one button in the same spot away from what you need to do.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on bluetooth phones and the Kenwood.
I started out with my older Sony Ericsson T610. Outgoing calls worked fine and the T610 directory downloaded enmasse to the Kenwood. The problem was that incoming calls muted the Kenwood and changed the screen but never made it over to the T610. The download is static and any changes to my T610 directory requires another enmasse download which writes over the Kenwood bluetooth directory.
My wife's Nokia 6103 worked fine for both incoming and outgoing calls. However, you have to send the phone directory to the Kenwood one number at a time.
Kenwood does publish a list of "compatible" bluetooth phones. This list is very dated. The guy at the T-Mobile store said that phones in the store are outdated every three months. Kenwood's list is not kept up-to-date.
I looked hard for a T-Mobile flip phone that both worked and downloaded the entire directory in one piece. No joy. Even the 6103 that my wife recently purchased is no longer available. I settled on the 6133. It works perfectly but still requires downloading the directory one number at-a-time. Other than the directory issue, it is fabulous with the Kenwood.
By the way, my Garmin Nuvi 660 automatically recognizes all of the bluetooth phones, works perfectly and automatically/dynamically accesss the phone's directory (no downloading). SIGH. I wish the bluetooth in the Kenwood DNX-7100 worked as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts