Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the latest on my Titan is that when it gets hot out (like over 90 degrees, I live in the Central Valley in Northern California) my key fob won't lock/unlock my doors. I thought this might be a key fob problem, so I switched to the 2d one I got when I bought my Titan, same problem. So I replaced both batteries, same problem. It always works in the mornings when its cool out, but as soon as it warms up, I can hit the button until the cows come home and nothing happens, so I have to use the key in the door to lock my truck and to unlock on hot days (and we have more than our fair share here).

So has anyone else had this problem???

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've not connected it to the outside temp--but you may be onto something. My fob is very erratic as well, sometimes locking/unlocking on the first push and other times it takes many tries. I'll pay closer attention to the details and repost.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
It has been over 100 degrees for 3+ weeks here and my Fob works just fine...

Never heard of that one before...

Maybe the stealership can help you guys..

Good luck.....

·
Super Moderator
161,002 Posts
Take the fob apart if you can, and clean the pressure contatcs with some denatured alcohol. More than likey, they're just dirty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm back. Doesn't seem to be temp related. I've replaced the battery in the fob(s), tweaked & cleaned the contacts, and tried them both. Performance is intermittent, but the "unlock" mode seems to work more often than "lock". The "lock" mode rarely works anymore. I'm under warranty, so its off to the dealer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If I walk up to my Truck from behind it seems like I have to be 5 feet away for it to work. I walk up to it from the front it works 50+ feet away. Its an 07 by the way

·
Registered
36 Posts
Funny thing happened to me the other day...I was in a Kohl's (department store) parking lot, I met my wife there, she was driving the Murano. Neither of us could get our key fobs to work there! We drove to dinner, and they both worked fine at the diner. We did a little experiment the next day, we went back to Kohl's and had the same problem. It looks as if they have something that is wireless that is interrupting the key fobs. If you are ever in a Kohl's parking lot, give it a try. BTW, a lot of supermarkets that use the optical door openers can cause the same type of problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts