Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No big deal but I am having a problem with my key fob. Specifically the little red horn/alarm button. Just in my jeans (regular not my skinny jeans:) pocket, the thing will sometimes go off and it is way annoying. I am afraid I am setting it off when really I will never intentionally set it off.

So I was wondering if there are any solutions out there for this problem. I thought of just taking super glue and going around the perimeter of the button but that seems kinda barbaric. So, any ideas? Anyone else having the problem?

This is the only key fob out of about 10 vehicles I have ever had a problem with. Thanks!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've got the same problem. It's great when it goes off at 0200. Once summer swings around, I'm going with an aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've carried mine in my jeans and have not had that problem. I generally carry my keys on my belt or belt loop. Maybe replace the fob?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Word of advice, take them out of your jeans when you get home. On my first Titan it took a couple of weeks before I finally read the manual and figured out that the reason my windows were rolled down in the mornings when I went to work was because the fob was rolling them down! Hold the unlock button for 5-10 seconds or so and the front windows will roll down.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word of advice, take them out of your jeans when you get home. On my first Titan it took a couple of weeks before I finally read the manual and figured out that the reason my windows were rolled down in the mornings when I went to work was because the fob was rolling them down! Hold the unlock button for 5-10 seconds or so and the front windows will roll down.
Thanks but have been taking them out at home. I really want to disable the button altogether.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wrapped the fob with electrical tape where the red button is, has helped some

·
Registered
221 Posts
Some fobs that I've opened in the past sometimes have a little "tit" on the back side of the rubber button to push a metal contact area on the circuit board and if you shorten that or cut it off completely would desensitise or kill the function. I've not had the fob for the T open as yet (no need so far) so I'm not sure if this will work. Worth a look...

Reactions: markmark

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've got a friend with a titan that found a rubber key fob condom. You can still push the buttons with your fingers but keeps your keys or whatver from mashing them in his pocket. Unfortunately he couldnt remember where he got it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
21 Posts
MrCarCrazy: Thanks so much for the link. This might be the perfect solution for me. Really appreciate you taking the time to post the info. Have a great day:)
No problem, hope it works for you, this thread reminds me of the same issue happening w/ my 350z. the rear hatch was ALWAYS getting popped unintentionally. Drove me nuts (short drive)

Didn't realize I dbl posted...oops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts