Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys, I ordered these key and fob combos off amazon and a local locksmith was able to cut and program them for $30 each! The range is good the keys work perfectly and they look pretty nifty it’s for my 2013 sv, but he said it would work for any first gen he was unsure about the second though. For $85 I got 2 perfectly working fobs and keys pretty sweet deal!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice! I hate carrying around keys and fobs so I may look into doing this. I have a switchblade type key fob I use on my Xterra so when I’m out and about I don’t have to carry a bunch of bulky keys in my pockets.

·
Premium Member
69,841 Posts
Guys have been using Rouge all in one keys for years around here.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
276 Posts
I tried this with a switchblade style key, but all the locksmiths around here want $75 a key just for the programming! Not worth it to me. Wish I could find someone who'd do the programming for $30.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried this with a switchblade style key, but all the locksmiths around here want $75 a key just for the programming! Not worth it to me. Wish I could find someone who'd do the programming for $30.
I guess cause I’m in Oklahoma everything ever is cheap here

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
276 Posts
I guess cause I’m in Oklahoma everything ever is cheap here
LOL! You're lucky! I might try again later to see if I can find someone with a more reasonable price. I kind of gave up on it. I always keep my keys and fobs to a bare minimum.

Titan: key, fob & mailbox key
Miata: key & fob
Kia Soul: fob only
Motorcycle: key only
Work keys: 3 keys and a pocket clip

All keys get hung on a key hook near the front door when not in use. I just hate having a big old wad of keys and key chains weighing down my pocket. It especially makes no sense to me to carry around keys for other vehicles all day, when those vehicles are parked at home and I clearly won;t need to use the key. Anyway, to each their own, right? I plan on adding a Viper Smart Start system to my truck soon, which would replace the factory key fob anyway. So that's part of why I decided not to pay a bunch of money to upgrade my Titan's key fob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts