Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question I was hoping someone on here could help me with. My key fob has stopped working from any more than 5 feet away. Before you ask, I have replace the battery. It used to work from 20-30 feet away, now I have to be practically standing at the door. My question is this, is there anything in the truck, like a receiver, that could be going bad? Once I'm close it still unlocks and works fine but the distance isn't there anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Before swapping out the anti-theft transponder, I would try another FOB. If you know anyone else with any Nissan vehicle that has a similar looking FOB you can borrow theirs, program it to your truck to give it a try. Or two remotes will run you $10 on ebay. DIY.........Key Fob Programming

I have also gotten weak batteries right out of new packaging.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I bought this one off Amazon almost 2 years ago and it's worked fine since:

Reactions: butterbean

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am having the same issue just recently. I did replace the battery with not much luck. Mine is original to the truck when I bought it new. I am thinking that since my truck is now 10 years old it one of those things that may be just giving out. That along with my TPMSS monitors. Time to replace those or maybe just get a new truck.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Receiver for the keyless entry is $35. I replaced mine when I was having a similar issue. Fixed the problem. Takes about 10 minutes to swap out if you know what you're doing, maybe 30 if you don't.

Side note: My bed LED's were wired into my cargo lights (cause I was lazy) so they would come on when I unlocked the truck. I think they were causing some signal disruption because I could unlock from 100 feet then couldn't again until I was next to the truck. After putting them on a switch it's back to normal.

Reactions: butterbean

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both of my key fobs are having the issue, original fobs, so I believe that my receiver part may be going out. LaxDfns15, do you happen to have the part number for the receiver piece? Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yes sir. 28595-9FD0A Controller Assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts