Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not sure if this is a real issue or not, maybe more of a wish list item.

On my Titan I have the option to open the two front windows with the door(s) using the key fob, press and hold the unlock button for more than 2 seconds the windows will go down, release the unlock button the windows will stop where ever you want than too.

Unfortunately, if you reverse the process using the lock button the windows will not go up BUT, if you put the key into the drivers door lock and turn it towards the hood and hold it for a second or more the windows will go up.

I guess my questions is why would they not go up using the key fob ? Can somebody else with this option run a quick test for me.....

Spank you very much :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, I too have a 08 Titan SE Crew with the keyless entry. It's true, the key fob will only put down the windows not up. Using the key will do both. I mentioned it to the dealer, and was told it was a security thing. What ever that means. Enjoy your Titan!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, Thank you for checking, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just mine, It would be a great feature, maybe in the future :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
i think they do it for safety. You could potentially while walking away raise the windows and chop off a finger or hand of a waiving child... where as when you are looking at the car turning the key that wont happen.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
almost 6000 miles... no issues yet, the truck is excellent

2008 titan se crew said:
Just curious, how many miles on the truck, and any problems yet?

Hey cleoent, you might be right about the safety thing, although you would be leaving a child unatended in a car, :p and the windows should have an auto stop built in... either way it would be a nice improvement

·
Registered
201 Posts
Johnny08 said:
almost 6000 miles... no issues yet, the truck is excellent

Hey cleoent, you might be right about the safety thing, although you would be leaving a child unatended in a car, :p and the windows should have an auto stop built in... either way it would be a nice improvement
Well I'm sure it's more of a safety concern then a security concern is all i was trying to say :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts