Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 08 Titan last week, and thanks to this forum discovered the Key Fob trick where if you hold in the unlock button, the driver and passenger windows roll down.

I looked in the manual for this and found nothing, so that got me thinking, are there other little things like this that may or may not be in the manual like this.

One thing that would be nice is if I could somehow default the auto dimming mirror to off.

Another key fob tip (that is in the manual) is that if you hold the lock and unlock buttons for 2 seconds, you can shut off the horn beeping feature when you lock your doors. Use the same procedure to turn the feature back on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i think you can use the key fob to adjust the seats and pedals, but havent been able to figuer it out, im assuming i have the feature since i got the power seats and pedals

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
psudave said:
Just bought an 08 Titan last week, and thanks to this forum discovered the Key Fob trick where if you hold in the unlock button, the driver and passenger windows roll down.

I looked in the manual for this and found nothing, so that got me thinking, are there other little things like this that may or may not be in the manual like this.

One thing that would be nice is if I could somehow default the auto dimming mirror to off.

Another key fob tip (that is in the manual) is that if you hold the lock and unlock buttons for 2 seconds, you can shut off the horn beeping feature when you lock your doors. Use the same procedure to turn the feature back on.
Both of those procedures are in the manual. At least they are in the manual for my '04

·
Registered
184 Posts
EXILE said:
i think you can use the key fob to adjust the seats and pedals, but havent been able to figuer it out, im assuming i have the feature since i got the power seats and pedals
The procedure for linking the seat/mirrors/pedal positions to the factory keyfob should be in the manual.

·
Registered
691 Posts
well if this is like having motor cycle doors

or a screen door on a submarine
i am in baby!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
interesting trick learned at last week's BBQ.... if your horn is set to honk while arming, and you want to arm your truck QUIETLY with the remote, press the unlock button. After a minute or so, if the key doesn't go into the ignition, the system will rearm itself quietly....

·
Registered
176 Posts
IM pissed i did a remote start on my 05' and now i lost the option of rolling down the windows with my key fob. It was nice to roll down the windows but o well

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm sure some know, but will post anyway about the instrument cluster "trick".
It's actually a "self diagnostic mode" available when you hold in the trip stem while starting and continue to hold it for about 8 secs. It makes available digital tach, speedometer, kilometer, fuel, lets you perform the gauge & light tests, and quite a few other features that I have no use for. This will last until you turn your truck off, then it reverts back to normal operation.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I use the auto-adjust feature on both my fobs. One is set for me and the other for my wife. It is fun to watch the seat, pedals, and mirrors automatically adjust themselves when you disarm the alarm with the opposite fob. It is like the truck actually knows who you are and is adjusting itself to make you happy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Along with the "window open trick" if you accidentally put the windows down and need to close them again (without getting into the truck putting the key in the ignition etc just put the key in the door lock and turn it to lock and hold it. After a second or two the windows will go back up...you can also put them down too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Energizer said:
interesting trick learned at last week's BBQ.... if your horn is set to honk while arming, and you want to arm your truck QUIETLY with the remote, press the unlock button. After a minute or so, if the key doesn't go into the ignition, the system will rearm itself quietly....
Many times there are unintended consequences to your actions. I had an extra insect repellant wipe wrapped up in the foil bag and in my center console. The citronella smell permeated the console then the truck cab. I removed the wipe but the smell remained. I do not want to "contaminate" my hunting gear so while in the garage on Saturday afternoon, I decided to use the fob trick to lower the windows of my unlocked truck and air it out.
On Sunday, I needed something out of the cab. The driver's door was locked and my keys were upstairs. No problem... I reached in the open window and unlocked the truck using the door switch. I then opened the now unlocked driver's door. I do not know what the Titan horn decibel level is, but it seems much higher in a closed garage. Fortunately the alarm times out after a while and I was able to lower myself from the ceiling without injury.

Edited to correct a spelling error.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
cohee3 said:
Many times there are unintended consequences to your actions. I had an extra insect repellant wipe wrapped up in the foil bag and in my center console. The citronella smell permeated the console then the truck cab. I removed the wipe but the smell remained. I do not want to "contaminate" my hunting gear so while in the garage on Saturday afternoon, I decided to use the fob trick to lower the windows of my unlocked truck and air it out.
On Sunday, I needed something out of the cab. The driver's door was locked and my keys were upstairs. No problem... I reached in the open window and unlocked the truck using the door switch. I then opened the now unlocked driver's door. I do not know what the Titan horn decible level is, but it seems much higher in a closed garage. Fortunately the alarm times out after a while and I was able to lower myself from the ceiling without injury.
:rofl: Wow, thanks for the warning on that one. That sounds like something I would do and then I'd have the same reaction as you!

·
Registered
511 Posts
psudave said:

Not so handy last night as I was playing guitar with my truck keys in my front pocket, rockin out, only to have my wife come in and say" why are your windows down"????:lol:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Rick Guess said:
well if this is like having motor cycle doors

or a screen door on a submarine
Or a spoiler wing on a Camry...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Off topic - am I the only one who hates how fast the little painted symbols wear out on the rubber buttons of just about any vehicles key fob?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Remember though that the feature allowing you to adjust your seats mirrors and peddals, is on LE models only. Also, if you unlock your truck using the key fob, it will automatically re-lock itself if you don't open a door within a minute or so. The re-lock time is adjustable on LEs (1 to 5 minutes) as well. The wifes Quest has the same feature.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts