Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the message "Key System Error" appear ??? When this message appears - the truck will not start. My first occurrence of this was in Dec 2017 - dealership ran the latest update to the ECM and that seemed to correct the issue - UNTIL TODAY - Need to know if anybody else has had this message appear and if so, what corrected this - Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had this happen many times. Sometimes more than once in a single day. I always have to hold the key near the ignition button to correct it. I've been thinking of taking it in to have it looked at but haven't done it yet. I'm also thinking of adding the remote start feature, but if I do that and it keeps happening I'm afraid they'll say it's my fault.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last 6 days, no problems and no "Key System Error" message - so who knows what's happening. On my last visit to the dealership (back on Dec 27, 2017) regarding this problem, they determined that the IPDM failed - they removed one from a Titan in stock and replaced the one in mine. Lasted 3 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had key errors in my titan it was the key fob battery was dead. According to the dealer we are only suppose to get 4 months between fob battery changes and after my warranty expires I have to pay for the batteries. While under warranty my battery changes are free in my key.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issues as well on a Titan 2017 and 2018 the last few weeks. It's not the immobilizer some people suggested, it's the gear stick which is the problem. I wasn't able to start the truck in "P"-Position. But when I went to "N", the truck started just fine and the key system error disappeared right away. So next time just try that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2018 SV. Anyone get a definitive resolution to this issue beyond or including replacing the fob battery, gear column shifter, IPDM or re-flashing the ECU? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts