Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far, so good. I had mine setup in about 3 minutes. The directions were stupidly simple and it worked great. I took some your advice and put the pad inside my gas cap. Fits perfect. I like it that the numbers light up too (for night time use). My buddy liked it so much, that I ordered one for him for his birthday for his Xterra (actually, it's the same part #).
This accessory has already come in handy for when I play outdoor volleyball and don't have pockets for keys, wallet, etc., as well as fishing (dropping keys and cell phone into the water is not a good thing).

Anyone whose thinking about this, do it, it's cool.:teethmast

·
Registered
35 Posts
dank78 said:
so far, so good. I had mine setup in about 3 minutes. The directions were stupidly simple and it worked great. I took some your advice and put the pad inside my gas cap. Fits perfect. I like it that the numbers light up too (for night time use). My buddy liked it so much, that I ordered one for him for his birthday for his Xterra (actually, it's the same part #).
This accessory has already come in handy for when I play outdoor volleyball and don't have pockets for keys, wallet, etc., as well as fishing (dropping keys and cell phone into the water is not a good thing).

Anyone whose thinking about this, do it, it's cool.:teethmast
Thanks for the writeup. I've been wanting to get one of those as that was about the only thing I missed about my Explorer. It's good to know it lights up too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I also use it for when I go to the gym and don't have pockets for keys...just leave them under the mat.

It came in really handy last year during hunting season...I used to have to make sure I was the one that made it back to the truck after a pheasant push down a mile long ditch, or grouse hunting through the woods...now, whoever works out to be at the truck first can punch my code and get in the truck to pick up the rest of us.

I also hide an extra key in the truck in case I can't find my keys in the morning and don't have time to look for them...just punch my code and I'm in with a key waiting for me.

When I bought mine, it was on "managers special" from yournissanparts.com and the discount code still worked, though I don't think it is supposed to...got the pad for something like 50 or maybe 55 bucks.

Never a single problem, and if you only need it once or twice a year, it's worth it.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Can you point me to the correct thread with more info on this please?

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I have had mine since we started talking about it in the original thread. Got to use it just the other day on our trip through Yellowstone. We decided to take a hike to one of the remote geysers and I didn't feel like carrying a lot with me so I left everything except the camera and camelback in the truck. Very convenient.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Darn you guys! Now that you brought up this thread, I decided to order one. Should be here next week.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Looks like a sweet mod. Anybody see any issues with this working on the 2008s? The parts site just note:

2005 to 2007 Titan - All with keyless entry Fob

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh yeah one more question: How do you arm the factory alarm if you guys are leaving the keys in the truck when you're playing basketball or something? Does the factory alarm automatically arm itself after you manually lock the door or does the alarm not activate if you just manually lock your doors?

·
Registered
184 Posts
If I remember correctly, the factory alarm will arm once the doors are locked, manually or otherwise, as long as the key is not in the ignition. However, you can lock all the doors using the remote keypad, just like a keyfob - this is how I usually use mine.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
press last two buttons at one time, it arms. Some vehicles you can control the windows too... you can also control unlocking th driver door, or all doors...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got mine through yournissanparts.com and used the discount code, and it ended up being $65 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I think I'll add this to my Christmas List!!!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
FourDoor said:
Looks like a sweet mod. Anybody see any issues with this working on the 2008s? The parts site just note:

2005 to 2007 Titan - All with keyless entry Fob
I know it's listed as 05-07 but it work on the 04 also so it might work on the 08. I'm sure it's still the same keyless entry system. Does your remote have these same #s on the back? If it does I'm 99.9% sure it will work.

FCC ID KBRASTU15
MODEL NO. ASTU15

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an aftermarket alarm system on my truck. Do you think it will still work? I know it works with the factory alarm. Ill play with my key fob and see what it does vs the alarm fob

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
gotboost? said:
I have an aftermarket alarm system on my truck. Do you think it will still work? I know it works with the factory alarm. Ill play with my key fob and see what it does vs the alarm fob
You can still make it work, off course it will not shut off your aftermarket alarm unless you have an aftermarket alarm that use the factory fob than it's fine, but it will give you a source to get in the vehicle without key.
Keep in mind guys you can roll down the front windows like the key fob also.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Keep in mind guys you can roll down the front windows like the key fob also.
How do you do this with the keypad and with the key fob? I couldn't get mine to do it with the keypad .

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Energizer said:
How do you do this with the keypad and with the key fob? I couldn't get mine to do it with the keypad .
On the key fob press and hold the unlock button till they start to roll down.
On the keyless pad after you enter the 5 digit code to unlock the driver's door, immediately press the 3/4 button and the other 3 doors open, but if you press and hold the 3/4 button after the 5 digit code is enter the front windows will roll down.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts