Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to get a good hood and have a few questions.

What's the best price you have found and where?

How long did it take to come in?

How much prep work (sanding and filling) did it take to get ready to paint?
I have seen a lot of fiberglass parts that were pretty rough and some almost ready to paint.

How is the fit and how will do the latches line up?

Thanks for any input

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,200 Posts
I purchased mine from truckaddons.com, it was the cheapest I could find. It took about two months to get it, I wasn't very happy about that... The finish was good, I took it to get painted and there were no complaints from them. The fit isn't perfect nor is the latch. But it's close enough for me, I'm happy. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Jbowles, you said the fit wasn't perfect.. Where's the imperfections at? I can't see any lol

·
Premium Member
5,200 Posts
Jbowles, you said the fit wasn't perfect.. Where's the imperfections at? I can't see any lol
It sits a little further forward on the passenger side than drivers. Also, it touches the wiper cowl on the drivers side a little. The latch is about 1/4 off, so it's a tighter fit than I'd like. That's what she said. :D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
With the alignment and gaps, can that not be adjusted at the hinges ?

Also found one for about 800.00 shipped. That sound good?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is no way to adjust hood two studs bolt to the hinges with no adjustment.not like older cars that had adjustments.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK , looking at the hood on my 2010. Could you not enlarge the bolt holes in the hinge and use some fender washers on the nuts to get a little adjustment??? Or would that not be enough??

·
Premium Member
5,200 Posts
OK , looking at the hood on my 2010. Could you not enlarge the bolt holes in the hinge and use some fender washers on the nuts to get a little adjustment??? Or would that not be enough??

I suppose you could, but I wasn't about to drill into anything. It fits well enough that you can't really notice unless thoroughly examined.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks,
I also checked with keystone, built to order, at least 4 weeks out. There is no way I will have it for Spring Break Nationals in Daytona..

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's ordered . Truckaddons.com sold it for 700.00 delivered. Matt , the salesman, also called the factory to find out what the ram air kit was.
Basically the hood has a duct that channels the air to the air box. The ram
air kit is pretty much just a CAI they sell so if you already have a CAI it gives you the RAM AIR without their kit..

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Re: Re: Keystone Good Hood Questions

air kit is pretty much just a CAI they sell so if you already have a CAI it gives you the RAM AIR without their kit..
As long as your CAI is an open type (ie. AEM) If it's like the Volant, the lid must be remove.

Sent from my 2005 Red Alert Titan via the Autoguide app on my ASUS Transformer.:D

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
It's ordered . Truckaddons.com sold it for 700.00 delivered. Matt , the salesman, also called the factory to find out what the ram air kit was.

thanks for the heads-up! I will be calling and asking for Matt for the best deal...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you have to remove the strikes from the old hood to put on the new one. I was told I would but I don't see how..

1 - 20 of 198 Posts