Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol!! started off I left a red light pretty fast and I could hear all of his hampsters running tryin to keep up with me. So the next red light he dumps the clutch and spins his skinny wheenie tires and I hear the "growl (ha)" of his ricer exhaust faaaaaaaaaarrrtttttttttt so I show him no mercy and hammer it- he has his window down and my exhaust blasts him as I fly by the pretent sports car :teethmast then to finish off his confidence I pulled in front of him and would not let him do the ricer fly by and put my hazzards on- in yo face ricer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
hahah i like the sound effects.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update saw the guy this morning again and for some reason he did not want to "run em" again ha ha!! I follow Honda, becase I had a few and liked them, and it is Civic (09) SI, HPT

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
The difference between a stock or intake + exhaust si vs mine is night and day. I'll pull a bus on a stock si in 1 gear.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
^^^that was pretty good lol^^^

The difference between a stock or intake + exhaust si vs mine is night and day. I'll pull a bus on a stock si in 1 gear.
What makes the new SI's so beatable is the vast majority of the kids who have um can't drive for crap.

Woot, I'm assuming your not in that category, but I wouldn't mind seeing some in cab vids of your driving. I got a buddy who has a modded Integra who can drive pretty good, but even he didn't believe how fast I can still powershift when I took him for a ride in my 76 GT. Albeit it's a car I don't care about breaking and RWD so there's an advantage in that. I'm thinking powershifting into 2nd in your car would just spin too bad to really make it worth while.

On a sidenote, do the new Si's have a factory limited slip?

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
The slave cylinder has a dampener that slows the disengagement and reengagement of the clutch slightly.

AP2 S2000 has this as well. Also the 350z.

Let's just say it can't be done too fast without grinding 2nd. 3rd and 4th can be powershifted but 1st to 2nd is such a fast shift if you try to powershift it it grinds.

And i spin the tires pretty good even if i don't powershift 1st to 2nd. I have to be careful shifting into 2nd gear anyways, as it's been royally ****ed up by a clutch friction disc that went bad and started to **** with my shifts.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
^^^that was pretty good lol^^^

What makes the new SI's so beatable is the vast majority of the kids who have um can't drive for crap.

Woot, I'm assuming your not in that category, but I wouldn't mind seeing some in cab vids of your driving. I got a buddy who has a modded Integra who can drive pretty good, but even he didn't believe how fast I can still powershift when I took him for a ride in my 76 GT. Albeit it's a car I don't care about breaking and RWD so there's an advantage in that. I'm thinking powershifting into 2nd in your car would just spin too bad to really make it worth while.

On a sidenote, do the new Si's have a factory limited slip?
*sigh* I'd have videos of my driving if i had a video camera.

Yes they have a factory limited slip. And you really don't need an incab video of my driving.

If you want proof i'll get my friend to take a video of his intake exhaust civic si vs mine. I pull 2-3 cars just in 3rd gear from 60 mph. Then to the top of 4th it's ugly.

1 Addendum to this: The reason so many Si's look or feel so slow is 1st and 2nd gear aren't really fast in the car, and also the 1st to 2nd shift is extremely important in making your time fast.

Also the stock programming has some VCT quirks that cause some engine bogging issues if you don't shift 2nd gear perfectly. When you let off the throttle it turns the cam angles back to zero, and then when you get back on the throttle it takes about .3 seconds to turn them back to 30 or so degrees. Most of us correct this by modifying the WOT Open Loop cam angle values to stay at 50 degrees of advance even under zero load while in vtec. That way the cams are already advanced and the power is instant on when shifting.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Man the old H22A and B18C engines are sooo much simpler......lol. Hondata or Chrome and you're good to go. My old CB7 Accord coupe was a blast with the H22A swap, cams, tune, header, exhaust ported intake/TB, lowering springs and good tires. That car was such a fun little car, they handle like they're on rails damn near.....lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts