Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a Titan achieved kill but since Steve post the kills he gets with the Goat I figure I'll post kills I get with the 5.0!

Beat a Terminator Cobra at 4 different lights tonight. (That's the supercharged DOHC 4.6L's for those who might not know what the Terminator is)

Pulled hard at each stop light. Ran 0-60ish pulls at 3 lights and at the 4th light ran to 110 before I let off. At that point I had at least 6-8 cars on him.

At the first light I was fumbling around trying to turn Advanctrac off, forgot it was in third and that was a bit of a set back, slapped it into first and caught back up with him. Barely pulling past him when we slow down for the 2nd light. At the 2nd and 3rd light I have over 1 car on him.

I was wondering how the 5.0 would stack up against the Termi's and someone actually asked that recently...Now we know! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
O.K. I have to say it.... 6-8 cars on a 03/04 Cobra??? Pretty hard to believe. Maybe I need to watch out for 5.0's when driving the Z ???

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O.K. I have to say it.... 6-8 cars on a 03/04 Cobra??? Pretty hard to believe. Maybe I need to watch out for 5.0's when driving the Z ???
It was from 0-110. How is only 6 cars unbelievable? Ever consider that maybe he wasn't a magazine worthy driver?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Yea probably not a great driver. I mean my car is (IMO) A 12.9-13.1 car. If the Termi was stock, I'd say about a 12.7-12.8 car. And or course the new 5.0 is 12.4-12.5.....I think each car length is about a tenth in the 1/4 mile, plus add in a possible bad driver. Jdos, has the lightest 5.0 with the lowest gears. I think out of the hole and mid range it will be hard to beat him

·
Registered
37 Posts
Link to vids of stock 5.0's running 12.4's please??? 2011 GT500's run in that range stock. Of course, the other guy is always a lousy driver......

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
6 cars? You have a z06 killer there sir.

Seriously, tell that guy to put the belt AROUND the pulley on his blower, and not under it.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Link to vids of stock 5.0's running 12.4's please??? 2011 GT500's run in that range stock. Of course, the other guy is always a lousy driver......
And the GT500's suck too, they only run .3-.4 faster in the 1/4 than a 5.0 that's running stock Pirellis.

Yea I suppose you're the world's greatest driver?

With stickies, 12.1.

Check ofivecc's thread, he has a couple vids too

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for posting the vid. Proves my point. It was mentioned that a stock 5.0 was a 12.3 car. Still have yet to see a vid of that. What do you think a Cobra or a GT500 is capable of with DR's? Any car can be modded to be fast. My mistake was thinking your car was stock. I guess it is not? Either way, tires are not going to make it a threat to a C6Z. Tire only Z's run high 10's.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a stock car. Sticky tires aren't a performance mod. They only show what the car can really run since it actually gets traction.

Yea my car is stock and I still whooped the Cobras ***. Stop being a little **** and thinking you're a god since you drive a pecker pleaser Corvette.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You know what they say happens when you assume... I have a Z06, yes. I still own 4 Fords. In my lifetime I have had many others including 4 different Fox body 5.0's and two 08' GT500's. Be that as it may, I believe a 2011 5.0 could beat a stock Cobra. Very hard to find by the way. 6-8 lenths is pretty bad beating. I am thinking there is more to the story but who knows. BTW, there will be many folks happy to hear that DR's are not considered a mod. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
i'd call DR's a performance mod bro.

I couldn't get lower than a 14.1 on street tires. On DR's i bet i could hit a 13.7. I'd call that, a performance mod.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You know what they say happens when you assume... I have a Z06, yes. I still own 4 Fords. In my lifetime I have had many others including 4 different Fox body 5.0's and two 08' GT500's. Be that as it may, I believe a 2011 5.0 could beat a stock Cobra. Very hard to find by the way. 6-8 lenths is pretty bad beating. I am thinking there is more to the story but who knows. BTW, there will be many folks happy to hear that DR's are not considered a mod. Thanks.
There is more....the other driver let out of it on the last run I'm sure.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
They've only been out for months. The 5.0 who ran 12.1 on tires was in a +100 DA IIRC. So put that car in a -1500 DA as we get down here, and we'll see more low 12's. Its a new car, let it be out for a couple years, that car will have some rock bottom 12's with OEM tires, someone just needs to have them long enough to get lots of practice on them. I do consider DR's a mod. I don't consider better street tires a mod. A C6Z is a beast, not sure why they are even in this thread.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
If you don't believe what happened then you don't have to comment. Last I checked you weren't there watching.

Radials are street legal and can be ran on a daily basis. I don't see how they're considered a mod. I can get a set of 10" wide rear wheels for aesthetic purposes, that doesn't automatically make a 10" street tire a mod.

Thanks for stopping by.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Yeah my buddy runs them on his 600 whp civic. obviously if he didn't have them... traction is not there.

sure they're street legal, i challenge you to run MT streets in the rain. Or for more than 5000 miles.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nitto's hold up well and have great traction.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
I'll still stand by it, if a drag radial alone can get a civic to a 1.9 60 ft from a 2.2, i'm sure it can get your car from a 1.9-2.0 down to a 1.7

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only because of traction. The car is still producing the same exact amount of power.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts