Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a crew cab, but I am finding some nice deals on used King Cabs, and I was wondering if anyone had some good pictures of the rear seat area in a king cab as well as experiences with storing cargo and people in the rear. I don't often have to drive around more than one passenger, but I will from time to time. Also, I'm a young guy, but I plan to keep the truck until it dies or we stop using gasoline, so *gulp* does a car seat fit back there okay? I've seen too many guys have to give up a vehicle they love because of kids, so I figured I'd cover my bases.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
340 Posts
ive maybe had 4 passengers in my rear seat since ive had the truck. i keep all kinds of crap back there and like P's ive never had a problem. best pic i have of the rear seats

·
Registered
209 Posts
I do not have any pics hosted but can send some if you email me. That said I am sure someone will post some.

I bought a KC because I tow a 5th wheel and the bed is better / cab size.
I have never ridden in the back but I have had adults back there and no real complaints. The seats are up a lot to stow gear and there seems to be plenty. I have labs and they ride back there sometimes too.

Plenty of room for a baby seat and the doors swinging all the way back would help with that. The door situation could be a hassle if you have kids they can't open them unless front is open.

I have never wished I had got the CC but like I said my kids are grown and gone. Long drives with 4 adults I have another vehicle.

I am actually looking at the 2008s and am not looking CC...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I agree with P's Titan
I use my back seat area most of the time just for "stuff" but on the occasion when someone does ride back there they don't complain.

The biggest difference in the K/C and the C/C is on the K/C you have to open the front door to open the rear door.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had my King Cab (captains chairs)for almost 3 years now. I'm 5'8" and like my seat back pretty far. It difinitely seats 3 guys comfortably if the guy in the back seat sits in the middle. That way his knees aren't hitting the front seat

·
Registered
503 Posts
To chime in with everyone else, I use the back just for extra space. I have had the wife and 1yr old in the truck for trips on occasion; plenty of room and no complaints.

If you go <gulp> two kids, then a CC may be more necessary.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The back seat area is used mainly for cargo on my KC, and there is more than enough room for me and my gear. I have adults in the back from time to time and no real major issues. The only thing is because I like my seat reclined a little more than normal, the person sitting behind me gets a little cramped.

But...I'm single with no kids. I wanted the longer bed for my motocross bikes and other gear. While I like the CC, I love my KC.

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts
I guess I'm going to go against the grain here, based solely on what you said. I have a KC and have absolutely no need for anything more than I have. You do mention two things that make me say you should really consider a CC....drive it forever and car seats. If you're going to have a family, prepare for it in advance with the CC model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The experience I've had so far is that for short trips, nobody minds riding in the back, but for anything out-of-town, my bigger/taller friends demand to sit up front. Luckily there always seems to be someone smaller/shorter with us that doesn't mind being back there.

It's been a perfect compromise for me. All the space I need for hauling and just enough space in the back seat to keep the masses from revolting.

I don't have any kids so I can't offer any insight on that.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I rode in the back of my KC for over 300 miles over the weekend and did not feel cramped being 6'1. I have also ridden in the small dodge crew cab and it was about the same room. I have been happy with the KC. I rode in the back seat of the CC and the difference is the seat is a little more reclined and more leg room.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i have had passengers and they say it is fine and more roomy than they thought...not as roomy as a crew cab but...

i mostly just raise both seats to let my dogs get back there i bought a lot of floor mat material and it covers my entire floor
but it is great for groceries too

but like above stated perpare for the family and get the CC

i and my G/F are fine in the KC but we have no kids and wont ever...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have a coupe car right now, and it's annoying having to get out everytime to let peope in or out of the back, but at least in the truck you just have to open the door.

Now someone mentioned the bed being longer on the KC, how much longer is it over the CC? I'd think I value the extra interior space over bed space as I believe the CC bed space is good enough for a couch or some friends to sit in at the drive-in or whatever.

TitanRider said:
I rode in the back of my KC for over 300 miles over the weekend and did not feel cramped being 6'1. I have also ridden in the small dodge crew cab and it was about the same room. I have been happy with the KC. I rode in the back seat of the CC and the difference is the seat is a little more reclined and more leg room.
So you don't feel there's actually anymore room in the back seat of the CC, just you can recline?

·
Registered
969 Posts
my backseat is folded up and the floor space is used for storage - very handy

i've had people in the back and they only commented "i wouldn't travel 700 miles in here" but other than that they weren't uncomfortable

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought a new cc 2 weeks ago. I sat in the back of both types and in my opinion, for what it's worth, I definitely wanted the cc. The seats are reclined more and there is a lot more leg room. When you fold the seats up I couldn't believe how much room there was for luggage and stuff. If you're going to keep the truck that long, It sounds like you would be happier with the crewcab. You might wish you had more space with a kc, but you won't wish you had less with a cc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jimd27284 said:
I just bought a new cc 2 weeks ago. I sat in the back of both types and in my opinion, for what it's worth, I definitely wanted the cc. The seats are reclined more and there is a lot more leg room. When you fold the seats up I couldn't believe how much room there was for luggage and stuff. If you're going to keep the truck that long, It sounds like you would be happier with the crewcab. You might wish you had more space with a kc, but you won't wish you had less with a cc.
Thanks for your input. People who've sat in the back of both's opinions are very useful :D Now, just convince people to sell me a CC for the same price as a KC:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
<gulp> kid(s)? in the future? Buy the CC now and be done with car payments by the time you get them. Money in your pocket will be a thing of the past rapidly once the head crowns. LOL

I love the fact that my son is nearing a driving age, but he is getting a 3/4 Reg Cab Chevy with ranchands on each end painted Safety Yellow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bhudda454 said:
<gulp> kid(s)? in the future? Buy the CC now and be done with car payments by the time you get them. Money in your pocket will be a thing of the past rapidly once the head crowns. LOL

I love the fact that my son is nearing a driving age, but he is getting a 3/4 Reg Cab Chevy with ranchands on each end painted Safety Yellow.
I guess my gulp comment was a little unclear. I'm only 21, so I'm definitely not ready to have them right now, but if everything keeps going well with the girl I'm with now...then yeah, probably not too long after the truck is paid off.

In regards to your son, he turned out an american truck fan, eh?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a K/C and have never rode in the back but as far as childseats you cant put them in the middle of the back,they have to go on either side.My daughter found out the easy way when i took a curve the seat tipped over,but when she is behinde either seat it seats pretty well.The base of our child seat is to wide to sit in the middle and the ends are wider and it seats great there.She doesn't like it as much not being able to see but she'll live.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts