Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided on going bigger. Made out of 3/4" MDF. Held together with screws and Liquid Nail. I'm not completely finished with the enlcosure, still have to finish puttying and sanding. Fits great under the rear seat. The seat does not latch down once this enclosure is under it. That didn't matter to me. The subs still have warranty left on'em. I'm asking $400 For enclosure and subs. They're dual 4 and are wired in .5 ohm. But of course can be rewired. I left the gap in the center to either add another sub or go ported. Shipping with be a beast, so be prepared.

www(dot)edesignaudio(dot)com/edv2/userinstall.php?id=132

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can run'em in .5 ohm. Your NiNe.1 should do fine. I use to have one years ago that I ran in .5 ohm for majority of the time I had it. You can also rewire them in 2 ohm which I think would be better. I have a Lunar1500 which the 1500 means 1-channel + 500-watts =1500 and the amp is too much for the 8"s. I have it turned all the way down and it bumps pretty decent. It doesn't get really loud, it just adds GREAT detail to your music. I like it loud, so this isn't working out for me too well. :) You have any pics of your enclosure and subs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well now that you say it's not very loud Im not sure that I do. I just liked the way your box looked and I had thought about going with 4 ED 8's before I bought the 13ov.2's. Do you have any pics of your box finished?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have any finished pics. I had 2 13Kv.2s a few years back and they were louder than the 4 8"s I have now. I don't think if I added a 5th would make much of a difference. Those 2 13Ovs should take the cake. Stick with'em if you're wanting to go loud. Although everybody likes the looks of the 8"s. You're better off. I'm not saying the 8"s don't get low and put out...they just can't hold a candle to a paid of 12"s. on the same amount of power.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
not bad looking box for the 4 8"s, I lifted my seat and plan on a single 12" under there... not anything huge anymore, but something... I could probably fit an Av2 but not efficient enough for the new DLS amp... if/when I get an Ultimate series A5 I could see one of the Av2s finding it's way into my truck :teethmast eh, we'll see.. good luck with the sale :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's too bad your so far away I would really like to hear those 8's. Then again I havn't even heard my 12's yet. I built that box and its sitting in the bedroom. I can't do my install untill I get my amp rack built and stuff. Ive just had to much to do. Take some pics of that box when u get it finished I would love to see it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to redo it and have 6 upfire probably. Maybe 8. My amp is a beast and it loves to eat subwoofers. I just don't know how I'd wire 8 dual 4 ohm subs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.