Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My king cab is starting to rattle behind the driver side door panel. It sounds like its coming from up high by the where the seat belt adustment is. Its made noise since it was new if a song had a lot of bass. It would make what seems to be the seat belt adjustment rattle but now its doing it all the time. Any body elses doing this?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Others had that problem going a long ways back. It is the seatbelt aduster, slide it up or down to a new position height. Some have jammed a little piece of cardboard in there to silence it.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive tried moving it up and down and it doesnt really help. Where exactly do you shove the cardboard in at?

·
Super Moderator
93,628 Posts
The only noise mine makes is the passenger side seatbelt adjuster hitting the side when the window is open. No squeaks or rattles in the truck. DId you add an aftermarket sub?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No subs. I did that in my old chevy and rattled horribly. I will never put subs in a vehicle again.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
rynomx785 said:
Ive tried moving it up and down and it doesnt really help. Where exactly do you shove the cardboard in at?

You'll have to do a search. I have no idea how and where they put the cardboard, mine never rattled.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I get noise out of that area only when I am driving on rough terrain. I just assume it is something seatbelt related.:dunno:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Connect the seat belt as if someone was sitting there and drive it. If it still rattles, you probably have a different problem.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My actual seat belt flaps against the side of the truck making a rattling noise. I just got a couple of those velcro pads old people get to keep the seat belt from rubbing their neck & put those on the belt from the bottom mounting point up to the anchor & I haven't had any noises since then. If my description isn't good enough, I can take pics later to show you.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I brought the truck in to the dealer to have them fix it since it was in the first 12000 miles. They fixed it... mostly. I still have some of the vibes when the bass is pumping. I just stuffed a piece of paper in there... the rear part of the seat belt elevation thing connects to the B pillar. It's pretty obvious if you listen to it.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts