Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for 12 years I drove around in a 1992 Saturn, with my butt about 6 inches above the pavement, unable to see around even a Honda CRV. Eventually, the sunroof started leaking every time it rained, and so the interior began to smell very much like an old sock. :crying:

No more. Now I have a Titan SE, 4X4 CC in Deepwater Blue, with the Tow, Off Road and Bed Utility packages. People keep coming up to me and asking me about my truck, I have a 300+ HP V8, and I'm loving life. Sure, my manual transmission override button doesn't work at all(I've got a bench seat), and twice the driver side power window didn't go up until the second or third try (can you say warranty?) but who cares.

I'm sitting in my throne, ruling the road, and not only can I see everything, but I'm having a hard time not mistaking Mazda Miatas for speed bumps! :cheers:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Congrats man. On the windows try pushing and holding the button down until it goes all the way down and continue to hold it for a few more seconds. This should reset the auto up/down switch. Hopefully it will work normally then. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
35,622 Posts
I went from a 15 year old (all mine too) Dodge Caravan :fart: to the TITAN. I can relate!!!!!

Talk about learning that there is a whole 'nother world out there.

Died and gone to heaven! :angel:

·
Registered
359 Posts
No doubt, Titan ownership is bliss! Congrats on your Titan, WetWaders! :cheers:

·
Registered
497 Posts
i went from a toyota mrs to this beast, its definantly nicer being big on the road. im my last car everyone would drive 6'' from my rear, now there way over 6'. titan rocks! :gunz:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"I went from a 15 year old (all mine too) Dodge Caravan"

Wow, you got 15 years out of a Dodge Caravan? You must be a good mechanic!

·
Super Moderator
35,622 Posts
bestatchess said:
"I went from a 15 year old (all mine too) Dodge Caravan"

Wow, you got 15 years out of a Dodge Caravan? You must be a good mechanic!
LOL :jester:

I got a good one, I guess. Only 1 transmission (40,000), 1 radiator, 1 water pump. Lasted through 3 kids. A lot of things were ready to go when I donated it to charity (poor bastards!).

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went from a 93 Toyota 4x4 which wasn't bad except for the 4 cylinder engine. Sounded like a blender. The roar of the Titan is deeply satisfying to some primordial instinct that lives within me.

Man, I am obsessed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I moved up from a '97 Mazda B2300 (couldn't afford a Ranger at the time, but same drivetrain) Going from a 4-banger that could hardly move out of its own way, to this beast is dangerous. I now have more power than I have ever had. My soon to be father-in-law has a 2003 Chevy Z71 Ext cab tried racing me one evening on our way to a family get together. I just smiled and floored it when the light turned green. Lets just say, he denied the whole experience when we arrive at the restaraunt. :jester: :jester: :haveredfl

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truth is, a major assist goes to my wife. She came on all the test drives, and I was kind of back and forth between the Titan and the F-150. She just looked at me like i was crazy (not uncommon) and said Honey, you HAVE to get the Titan. That's one good woman!

·
Registered
662 Posts
WetWaders said:
Truth is, a major assist goes to my wife. She came on all the test drives, and I was kind of back and forth between the Titan and the F-150. She just looked at me like i was crazy (not uncommon) and said Honey, you HAVE to get the Titan. That's one good woman!
Sounds like a keeper (the Titan and the woman)...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I thought about getting an SUV, but now I am looking over the SUV's when they drive in front of me. Can see around them just fine, now!

·
Registered
780 Posts
replaced '00 wrangler I6 and nissan 720 kc 4x4

i'll miss the little wrangler, but i'm enjoying hauling my good wife, teen son, retriever dog... with six fishing poles, three rifles, 7 gallons of water, tent and three sleeping bags, that humongous-cooler-from-costco, two mt. bikes to nearly all the backroad places our jeep can do.

a good place to goto (may need the 4x4 to ford across a creek, in the Spring) is Howard Lake, near Yolla Bolly Wilderness in Mendocino Nat'l Forest, Northen CA, 4.5 hours drive N. from SF.

besides, sure is fun passing F-150s and chevy 1500s up steep three lane mountain highways at 95 mph. just too bad i haven't had the chance to pass up a H2, on- or off- road.

yup, feel like king of the road AND off road. :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts