Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys and gals i decided to go with King shocks for the rear. And ill be going with a 2.5 because Greg told me "NOT to get the 2.0 Kings" since the shaft is to big for the size. But don't know if i should get them with External Reservoir or as Emulsion shock? will they perform the same or no? cause they are $50 apart on price. The emulsions are $290 each and the externals are $340 each. Here are the pics.

King 2.5" Pre Runner Series Smooth Body Emulsion Shock

King 2.5" Pre Runner Series Smooth Body Shock

·
Registered
787 Posts
externals all the way. Expensive, but I say do it.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the price is cheap and they also do free shipping. So the external should keep the pistons not so hot right?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I believe that is correct.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Wrong, has nothing to do with heat, cavitation of the oil is the main concern, as well as a larger N2 chamber to keep internal pressures in check while the oil heats up and expands.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Well guys and gals i decided to go with King shocks for the rear. And ill be going with a 2.5 because Greg told me "NOT to get the 2.0 Kings" since the shaft is to big for the size. But don't know if i should get them with External Reservoir or as Emulsion shock? will they perform the same or no? cause they are $50 apart on price. The emulsions are $290 each and the externals are $340 each. Here are the pics.

King 2.5" Pre Runner Series Smooth Body Emulsion Shock

King 2.5" Pre Runner Series Smooth Body Shock
too bad you cant get the black ones unless you like the blue.
Auto part Bicycle accessory Bicycle fork

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
You can have them anodized black when you buy order them from most places but it is like a 100 more i think. I would say go with the external resivor. The only thing would would have to worry about is mounting the reserviors but shouldnt be too hard. Piggyback would be nice but I dont know it they would fit.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
too bad you cant get the black ones unless you like the blue.
View attachment 115624
I can get them in black but my truck is Silver with chrome and like the blue since it matches bada*s with my trucks color.
You can have them anodized black when you buy order them from most places but it is like a 100 more i think. I would say go with the external resivor. The only thing would would have to worry about is mounting the reserviors but shouldnt be too hard. Piggyback would be nice but I dont know it they would fit.
Greg said i can fit the piggy back style but its like a hundred dollars more. so idk about paying so much lol i will get the best ones for the front tho. And i guess ill be going external or piggyback

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I can get them in black but my truck is Silver with chrome and like the blue since it matches bada*s with my trucks color.

Greg said i can fit the piggy back style but its like a hundred dollars more. so idk about paying so much lol i will get the best ones for the front tho. And i guess ill be going external or piggyback
Did you get the KINGS installed?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
With the external resi the shock oil doesn't come in contact with the N2.....The oil is completely pressurized and this will reduce the oil foaming and then effecting the damping...for only $50 more is worth it...

Now the truth.....if you're NOT going to run thru sections of whoops the overall performance will be the same either way you go...street queens don't need the external resi's....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts