Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant stop shaking. I went the Weinerschzitzel to get a burger. I went through the drive-thru. The car in front of me pulled out but abruptly stopped. I was checking the roof clearance since its 6 and a half or 7 feet and I wasn't sure if the truck would fit. As I was doing that, I hit the car in front. I know, its all my fault. So I got out and apologized and he got a mad ( and I understand that ). I looked for my insurance information but I couldn't find it. So, he started to take the offensive and I told him I'ma call the cops to settle this right. And he got furious. he went to the back of the truck and pulled a knife and said "Its you or your plates". I let him take the plates. They arnt worth my life. I called my dad since he is a cop and went on home. Police showed up and we are searching for the plate. Yea, I F***** up and I tried to resolve the problem. I wanted to kick his A** badly. Had to vent.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Well hopefully this will knock some sense into you to carry a firearm. Think if you had a firearm concealed on you, and he did attack you.. would you want the gun, or take up the challenge with your fists.. Had that been me I would have pulled my gun on him, yelled at him to get on the ground, interlock his fingers on his head and cross his legs up, and let the cops settle it from there. He threatend your life with a deadly weapon. Your win, and I'm sure you would have got out of the fender bender costs too LOL

But hey regardless I'm glad to hear you're alright. And yeah, the plates on your truck arnt worth your life..however he took your plate. He can obtain your address, and he may come to your house. Guy sounds like a nut job....

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Wow man. That is scary stuff. I am glad you are okay and no one was hurt in the incident. I bet it is nice having a policeman as a father. He will know exactly how to handle the situation. Way to keep your cool. Let us know if anything else turns up.

Reactions: pedalhappy1053

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. We are going to call MVD ( Motor Vehicle Division ) and report it stolen. Which in reality it is stolen. That way, he can't obtain our address. I mean, yea it was my fault but I kept trying to resolve the problem. Im just really shooken up right now. I keep replaying the knife in my head. We know the cop thats taking the report. I got the guys plate number as he left and they are looking for him. He isnt at his house as of now.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Was he an illegal alien? If he was then at least he'll never file a claim :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I didnt do anything wrong right? Besides the fender bender. I did the right thing right?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Thanks guys. We are going to call MVD ( Motor Vehicle Division ) and report it stolen. Which in reality it is stolen. That way, he can't obtain our address. I mean, yea it was my fault but I kept trying to resolve the problem. Im just really shooken up right now. I keep replaying the knife in my head. We know the cop thats taking the report. I got the guys plate number as he left and they are looking for him. He isnt at his house as of now.
Yeah I know how that goes man. I had a knife pulled on me last summer. The guy thought I was someone else who had thrown something at his car. He was about twice my size and I thought I was going to get a makeover for sure haha. But the scare will stay with you for a couple days. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know how that goes man. I had a knife pulled on me last summer. The guy thought I was someone else who had thrown something at his car. He was about twice my size and I thought I was going to get a makeover for sure haha. But the scare will stay with you for a couple days. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
You read my mind. Thats exactly what I was thinking. I would of taken him without the knife. The thing that worries me is what if he sees me later and pulls this S*** again or pulls something worse. Then I sometimes have this girl that im trying to hook up with. What if he comes with her in the truck?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Now your eyes have been opened to the brutal reality that exists out there. It is not your fault that someone threatened you with a weapon over a fender bender.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now your eyes have been opened to the brutal reality that exists out there. It is not your fault that someone threatened you with a weapon over a fender bender.
Ive been and seen worse. But for some reason, this really hit me. It really got me thinking

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I keep my "crisis intervention tools" close at hand. Fortunately, I have not been in your shoes yet. I pray that I never am. Good luck and stay vigilant.
Maybe I should invest in some. . . . ummm. . . . "security" :gunz:

Reactions: Papa_D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
It's hard to believe what some people will do in todays society. Glad to hear you are ok and hopefully they can find the guy. I know if I do not have a firearm on or close by that I am never without my Benchmade auto opener. You never know anymore, and with the girl and baby I'm not taking any chances.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's hard to believe what some people will do in todays society. Glad to hear you are ok and hopefully they can find the guy. I know if I do not have a firearm on or close by that I am never without my Benchmade auto opener. You never know anymore, and with the girl and baby I'm not taking any chances.
I dont have a baby.....yet. I have a crowbar in the driver side pocket but I got off without it because I didnt want him to think I was trying to start something. I was trying to resolve the problem and avoid all this.

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Probably a good call on your part, I dont see the situation as something that needed a weapon involved but some people just cant act reasonably and need to be a "badazz" to make themselves feel better. Thats why I carry the knife at all times though. I'd never use it outside of self defense, just nice to know its only a couple inches away if it came down to it cause if my life or my loved ones were threatened, I would not hesitate to neutralize the threat very quickly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
But I didnt do anything wrong right? Besides the fender bender. I did the right thing right?
You definitely did the right thing, especially by filing the police report...hopefully you follow through and press charges to the fullest extent of the law when the cops eventually catch up to this guy...Glad to hear you ended up ok...GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably a good call on your part, I dont see the situation as something that needed a weapon involved but some people just cant act reasonably and need to be a "badazz" to make themselves feel better. Thats why I carry the knife at all times though. I'd never use it outside of self defense, just nice to know its only a couple inches away if it came down to it cause if my life or my loved ones were threatened, I would not hesitate to neutralize the threat very quickly.
I know what you mean. People and their big "egos". He was a little "gangster" too. That explains most of it. And my mom called me bout 30 minutes before the incident. She told me to be careful. She never tells me that. When I got home, she said she had a bad feeling something bad was going to happen to me and she had to call me to tell me to be careful. Think I should press charges?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You definitely did the right thing, especially by filing the police report...hopefully you follow through and press charges to the fullest extent of the law when the cops eventually catch up to this guy...Glad to hear you ended up ok...GOOD LUCK!!
I hope he dont pull the "My neck hurts from the hit" thing. He had a baby in the car :eeeek: Im so stressed

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I hope he dont pull the "My neck hurts from the hit" thing. He had a baby in the car :eeeek: Im so stressed
I would press charges, he threatened your life with a deadly weapon. That outta look good on his part; attacking someone with a knife while you leave the baby in the car. Very responsible way of acting around a child. :bangit: I wouldn't stress too bad about it.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.