Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few threads about similar situations but I don't see a lot that matches what I have going on. I have an 06 Titan with 46k miles on it. Recently I noticed a rattling or knocking sound that starts at 55 mph and continues up to 60 mph. It only happens at the bottom of overdrives rpm range, right before the trannie is ready to upshift. Generally it happens when I have decreased speed from 65 and need to slowly start speeding back up. It does not happen if I rapidly downshift or accelerate steadily through 60mph. Does not seem to be coming from the engine compartment. When I took it in for service today they pulled some rocks from in a skid plate and tightened a few things down with no success. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure about the knock or rattle at speeds, but i get a knocking from the engine compartment (what i think its coming from) going from a stop and slowly accelerating. also get it when in neutral when revving from idle to around 2500- 3000 rpms. anyone have a similar experience.
Sorry couldnt help with you with the 55 mph rattle question.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cjack1 said:
Not sure about the knock or rattle at speeds, but i get a knocking from the engine compartment (what i think its coming from) going from a stop and slowly accelerating. also get it when in neutral when revving from idle to around 2500- 3000 rpms. anyone have a similar experience.
Sorry couldnt help with you with the 55 mph rattle question.
Yeah I get that too on my 06 kc se. I brought it up to the dealer and they had no clue on what that could be...it does get a little annoying though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts