Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys anyone will any knowledge in performance can tell you these are amazing headers....but with most kick a$$ products are not made for us...because of demand...Well i can bring these to our community with your help...We need 20 members to get this going in to production....the price i was given is 990$$$ yes its not cheap but nothing worth its weight is....i might be able to get them to drop the price some..but again we need the commitment of members to move foward....NO I AM NOT A VENDER....just wanna see our titan get the best products available...so if you are serious and would want these if they were produced.. put your name down....if we can get enough people i will start a group buy which i have already talked with kooks about...and go form there......thanks guys/gals... mike

HERE IS SOME PICS OF THERE QUAILTY

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Ok guys anyone will any knowledge in performance can tell you these are amazing headers....but with most kick a$$ products are not made for us...because of demand...Well i can bring these to our community with your help...We need 20 members to get this going in to production....the price i was given is 990$$$ yes its not cheap but nothing worth its weight is....i might be able to get them to drop the price some..but again we need the commitment of members to move foward....NO I AM NOT A VENDER....just wanna see our titan get the best products available...so if you are serious and would want these if they were produced.. put your name down....if we can get enough people i will start a group buy which i have already talked with kooks about...and go form there......thanks guys/gals... mike

HERE IS SOME PICS OF THERE QUAILTY
I can agree that Kooks Headers are excellent but there are way too many questions I would want answered before I would advise anyone to put down their name.

1. Shorties or Long tubes?
2. What gauge stainless steel?
3. Ceramic coated or not or optional?
4. CARB legal or for off-road use only?
5. Warranty?
6. Will they throw codes are will there be a piggy back to override that or some other way to prevent codes?
7. Shouldn't they build a prototype and test it to see what we may be gaining?

Just to name a few.

oh, and I will be running them on my LS7 motor...
Not knocking the idea, but there are some pretty sizable considerations before putting money to a good company and hoping that what you get is worth it IMO.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have great questions but this is a feeler im not asking for anyones money at this point......just trying to gain interest.....and no there is not going to be a prototype untill we get a lot of interest...so i cant answer the ses light question ....but i can say they would be 304ss long tubes....which would not be carb complient...coating would be an option..and with all the products they have a warranty

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
FEELER LIST

1.Mike(Firelife25)
2.Sher(DrtyAzn)

Come one, come all... Hey, Berk made the B Pipes a reality, so let's get Kooks to produce some true performance headers (since Nismo's are no longer produced).

As for the possibility of these being CARB compliant, i doubt they will be... In order to be CARB approved, they will have to be short tubes, like JBA's, then be inspected and tested via CARB (paperwork and money)... There is no LT headers that will ever be CARB approved since the design doesn't incorporate the primary cat being in the header assembly. They will most likely be 48 state legal & off-road use only for us Khalifornians.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Good luck w/that. I couldn't get anyone to jump on board for an ARH set and they are just as good if not better than Kooks. No one is gonna pay over $800 on an untested product. I would jump all over it personally, whether it be Kooks or ARH. Then again, I have always tried to squeeze every last bit out of my truck too. Face the facts, no body is gonna spend that kind of coin. It's already been proven. Now if they were $600 or less, then I'm sure people would flock to them. The headers for the new Hemi Ram cost $1100+ and there's a LOT more market for them compared to us, so how would they be able to make them for us and still be profitable?

Reactions: A.I.I.Raciing

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck w/that. I couldn't get anyone to jump on board for an ARH set and they are just as good if not better than Kooks. No one is gonna pay over $800 on an untested product. I would jump all over it personally, whether it be Kooks or ARH. Then again, I have always tried to squeeze every last bit out of my truck too. Face the facts, no body is gonna spend that kind of coin. It's already been proven. Now if they were $600 or less, then I'm sure people would flock to them. The headers for the new Hemi Ram cost $1100+ and there's a LOT more market for them compared to us, so how would they be able to make them for us and still be profitable?
its just a feeler dude thats it....i dont expect 100s of people to get on board....im just trying to do something not many people do which is bring the titan commuinty good stuff....if it doesnt work out then i will just get some one off stuff made plain and simple...

·
Registered
170 Posts
what are the "ideal" specs for the best possible performance header? only asking because i contacted a local shop that does custom turbo fabrication and the owner mentioned to me that they can and have designed custom headers as well. starting price is right around $800. when my schedule allows, i will be going by for him to look at the T and give me a better estimate. i figure with anything at that price it better produce.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I believe the Nismo LT's use 1 7/8" equal length runner's w/ a 2.25" collector.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
its just a feeler dude thats it....i dont expect 100s of people to get on board....im just trying to do something not many people do which is bring the titan commuinty good stuff....if it doesnt work out then i will just get some one off stuff made plain and simple...
And that is exactly the same thing I was trying to accomplish. When I listed the possible price, nearly everyone balked at that and it amounted to a whole lot of nothing, just saying.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
so, I guess nobody wants any other performance LT's? I might pull the trigger on a set of PaceSetters or OBX's and see what they are all about... PaceSetters almost look like JBA short tubes with extended cat elimination pipes for cheaper than JBA's, and the OBX look dead on like the DT LT's for half the price...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have them copy to the "T" the Nismo LT's specs, plus get it on the dyno.... I can almost guarantee many members will buy in, even those with headers. I ain't going to lie, I love my Stillen LT's, but there is always the little voice in the back of my head asking what if I had the Nismos.....???? hmm.... I wish you guys the best in this group buy, it worked well with Berk.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Kooks headers are amazing quality, i've owned a set and hands down one of the best brands out there. But they aren't nice on your wallet, just like a fine woman lol.

The real exhaust piece that needs to be made and direct bolt on is a correctly placed X-PIPE, as close to the headers as possible. The fitment would be tight under there, but nothing some mandrel bends couldn't take care of.
This would also help eliminate the 90deg bends associated with the B-pipes.

I think it was ToughTitan08 that did the above with an x-pipe? correct me if i'm wrong...

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
I am also going to throw in the following quote from a fellow member that I have been preachin myself and the aftermarket needs to develop if we want more power from the titan.

PAPA D (02/27/08)
"I think in the end we will find we reach the limits of the intake manifold before we reach the limits of any given header."
:teethmast

Not to mention Jared @ UPREV pointed this out as well.

Kooks makes great manifolds...just not intake manifolds.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I've tried to keep up with the cracking exhaust manifold issue and I still don't have a good feeling on exactly what models are likely to be affected. Is it just the 2WD, just the 4WD, or both? Any run of years? There was speculation it was just the gas-only engines, not the flex...

Naturally, I Want to know how this issue will affect me, personally ;-) ('05 4x4 XE KC Flex-Fuel)

Because - if I am likely to be faced with the posibility of cracked headers, and replacement cost at dealer pricing, why would I _not_ be interested in an alternative product, especially if there is a performance increase ?

The reality is that the cost is pretty much a wash if one is comparing to needing to replace cracked factory parts.

So - yeah - $1k is a lot. I don't think I can replace factory manifolds for that, and the labor is the same either way. Plus - the factory stuff will rust - again - and probably crack - again...

But for me - it's gotta be factory-equivalent in fit. A bolt-on. It MUST NOT throw codes (keeping in mind I'm on the Berks B-Pipe list...). It MUST NOT sacrifice bottom-end performance or efficiency for tiny performance gains in rev ranges I never use. (I want to see dyno-derived torque values between 600 and 2500 rpm.) If it can't be made to keep the MIL off and the B-pipe cat happy due to the long-tube design, never mind, please point me to a stainless manifold with factory-style integral cat.

Sure - I'd pay $1000 for the insurance policy of having replacement headers on hand when (if?) the factory manifolds crack (85k mi now - when does this happen?). I am so tired of seeing rusty factory cr&p parts every time I'm under the truck. I've now got the stainless Borla cat-back and the stainless Berk B-pipes are coming. Do you see a trend? The more I can replace with corrosion-resistant parts, the better...

So put me on your list - I am interested. This is not a commitment, but you're welcome to count me among the interested.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Those are some beautiful monstrous looking pipework nightmare headers!!! so, when you decide to get rid of your T, Warp, you need to do a swap out of headers with me... After I get the fiberglass, paint, and tweak my drivetrain a little bit with the shift kit and PML pans... I will start going to my area shops and see if I can't comission someone to build me a set along with some B pipes, in raw steel, then get them internally coated and the exterior electronically chromed!!!, unless this ends up being a launched project by then...

·
Registered
745 Posts
IMHO, its going to be super hard to justify $1000 for a set of headers...Thats a whole lots of moolha for very little payout.

I have owned probably every brand name header on the market and I will say Kooks makes a terrific header. But the question is, is it worth $1000? I seriously doubt it... I have owned Stainless works, Kooks, Mac, BBK, Headman, flowtech, etc...the list could go on for a while.

And I will be dead honest, my $250 Mac long tube headers fit, performed and last longer than my Stainless works and Kooks headers. Neither of them failed in anyway, but they was just on the car longer and was 1/4 the price. You would be better off trying to get MAC or BBk in the Titan market, price will be superior and the outcome will be nearly the same. Honestly, who care what a header looks like unless its a dedicated show vehicle? There are probably less than 1% of those in the world...And if its that important, you can have the headers jet-hot or ceramic coated after the fact. My last set of headers on my 04 Mustang Cobra was the ones I was most happy with. THey was MAC 1 5/8" headers with 3" collectors and they came from the factory with a ceramic coating that was a black chrome appearance. And I beat on those headers for 3 years of supercharged with a shot of nitrous engine pulls and upwards of 700rwhp and they never failed in anyway or warped. If MAC came into the Titan market, I would jump on board in a heart beat.

if Mac got into the Titan market, you could also count on getting really nice H-pipes with cats. Then you could also convince Dr Gas to make up some high end X pipes with or without cats. and so on and so on...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts