Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. My factory BFGs are about gone, maybe 3k left. That'll be only 25-26k on them. I've gotten prices for Kumho Road Venture ATs and BFG AT KOs. The Kumhos=$680 OTD, BFG KOs=$1050 OTD. Are the BFGs worth almost $400 more?? I only put about 10-12k a year on my truck. I'm thinking the Kumhos will last as long as the BFGs. But, I love the look of the BFGs...OK, ya'll lay it down. Opinions and experiences come forth!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the Kumhos on my truck and have been very happy with them. I would love the BFG A/T but they were a little high. I think I may try to get the BFG A/T when it comes time for new tires.
________
Lovely Wendie99

·
Registered
27 Posts
I looked at those Kuhmo's too. Careful, depending upon which size you go with they may be a C rated tire. The 285/70/17 are only rated for 44PSI. BFG ATKO are available in D & E classes and so are in a totally different league. If you don't care about towing or payload or sidewall strength, then it probably doesn't matter to you.

The good news on the Kuhmos is that they weigh only 45 pounds. The BFG ATKO weigh in at 56. So in theory the Kuhmos will give you better MPG.

I'm currently in the market and leaning towards the Toyo AT (LT tire) in load range D. You can get them for ~700 over the net (tiredeals4less.com) including shipping. I even found a cheaper price locally.

Hope that helps,
-RJ.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hmm.. the bfg atkos .. i was reading an ad that i picked up from the bathroom floor today and they are only 125 a peice over here, i guess on sale ?? ill try and find that paper and scan it for you...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$125 each?? I'm comin' to Florida! That's really cheap for KOs. They're $200at Tirerack + ship + mount and balance-still about $1000. I was just afraid that the Kumhos would be El-cheapos in the long run. I like saving money and getting a good deal, but if they're not going to last, I'll spend the dough on BFGs.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Don't know about those, but I have the toyo open country m/t's and I love them. They do great in the mud, don't make much noise on the road and are wearing great. I have 10k miles on them and they still look great.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah for 125 you can get them mounted and balanced... i got the ad if you want proof. they dont list the right size though so maybe an inch bigger they skyrocket ???

·
Registered
39 Posts
as far as i am concerned the BFG KO's are some of the best tires made! If it were up to me i would pay the extra money...I have the BFG's on my wife's armada and they handle great not to mention how well they look!!! They will definately be my next tire on my truck! just my 2 cents though! Good luck!:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts