Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these?

Being that I have a 11 year old Titan, the idea of a complete strut assembly has appealed to me from the beginning. However, my research here and elsewhere has steered me away from the Rancho. I've used KYB shocks many times in the past always a great shock.

No one has put the KYB SR4230K on a PRO-4X yet as far as KYB knows which is why they don't list them for the PRO-4X but they said there should not be any issue.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
There is no difference in spring or strut height for 2008.5-up Gen1 4wd Titans. The Pro4X has the same strut and spring height as any 4wd Titan of the same year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no difference in spring or strut height for 2008.5-up Gen1 4wd Titans. The Pro4X has the same strut and spring height as any 4wd Titan of the same year.
good to know. Same height just stiffer or what?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I think the Ranchos on the Pro4X are a little differently valved than the OEM stuff on the other 4wds, but reality is, all the OEM stuff is pretty similar. Mostly it's paint color, I suspect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. The only reason I wanted the Pro-4X was the color matched bumpers and grill. I don’t like all the fake chrome. First thing I did was pop off the “chrome” mirror and door handle covers.

took me a while but found exactly what I wanted. A Pro-4X without the Rockford Fosgate system, not rusty and not screwed with.

i really thought I was gonna do the Bilsteins with the RC 3” lift. Then I was looking at the Fox setup but I’m pretty sure I’m going to do these KYBs. Unless someone pops up to credibly say there is an issue.

I don’t think I need the additional lift. I just want 33”x12.50’s under it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. The only reason I wanted the Pro-4X was the color matched bumpers and grill. I don’t like all the fake chrome. First thing I did was pop off the “chrome” mirror and door handle covers.

took me a while but found exactly what I wanted. A Pro-4X without the Rockford Fosgate system, not rusty and not screwed with.

i really thought I was gonna do the Bilsteins with the RC 3” lift. Then I was looking at the Fox setup but I’m pretty sure I’m going to do these KYBs. Unless someone pops up to credibly say there is an issue.

Nissan Motorsports Performance Kit
For Sale - Nissan Motorsports Performance Kit (New in the Box) Titan coil over suspension kit, 2" lift to 2" drop. Includes four Bilstein shocks,(fronts are adjustable with threaded perch) front coil springs, front upper shock mounts, rear shackles and rear add-a-leaf. Compliant and great on the street or light off-roading. All hardware included. Seriously interested in better than good price contact Rob / TitanZ04
Check page 88. http://www.nissanusa.com/nismo-web/N...talog-2010.pdf You pay shipping $1147.00 (firm).PM me or email at [email protected]
Last edited by TitanZ04; Today at 12:42 AM. Reason: Email address added

TitanZ04;6074210 said:
For Sale - New Nissan Motorsports Performance Kit (New in the Box) Titan coil over suspension kit, 2" lift to 2" drop. Includes four Bilstein shocks,(fronts are adjustable with threaded perch) front coil springs, front upper shock mounts, rear shackles and rear add-a-leaf. Compliant and great on the street or light off-roading. All hardware included. Seriously interested in better than good price contact Rob / TitanZ04
Check page 88. http://www.nissanusa.com/nismo-web/N...talog-2010.pdf You pay shipping $1147.00 (firm).PM me.

Note: The above web link should now function properly.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/attachments/titan-parts-accessories/374154d1434332572-nissan-motorsports-performance-kit-imageuploadedbyautoguide1434332570.837563.jpg
p

zzzzzzzz

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m going to take all the views and no comments as a no haha. Hopefully they’ll be on in the next couple weeks, so I’ll let everyone know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m going to take all the views and no comments as a no haha. Hopefully they’ll be on in the next couple weeks, so I’ll let everyone know.
ran kyb’s on my subi. Did really well and were a nice improvement over stock.
for some reason I thought the pro’s were taller then other 4wd, but I could definitely be wrong here. My pro4 has the stock rancho’s (soon to be swapped) and the front is exactely one inch lower than the rear.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ran kyb’s on my subi. Did really well and were a nice improvement over stock
for some reason I thought the pro’s were taller then other 4wd, but I could definitely be wrong here. My pro4 has the stock rancho’s (soon to be swapped) and the front is exactely one inch lower than the rear.
Back when I was redoing VWs I always ran KYBs as well so I’m hoping I made a good choice here.

This seems to be up for debate. I always thought they were taller too but everyone here says no just heavier spring and the Rancho struts/shocks.

I haven’t measured mine yet, probably will now tho, but the eyeball test says more than an inch. (Man so many that’s what she saids). Could just be age, wear and tear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had to check and I was wrong,
Inch and 1/4. I also have a topper on it so that could effect it. The truck seems pretty suspect to squat which is why I’m thinking I don’t want to lift the front. I have bilstein’s waiting to go on (same set up I had for my Tacoma) and thinking about just leaving them in the lowest setting. Really not a fan of the snout up look and we tow a fair bit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I have an ARE top on order already and plan on towing a bit as well. Was already planning on either a hellwig helper spring or airbags to prevent that.

couldn’t stand it so I went out in the rain and measured. 38.5 in the rear, 37.25 in the front. So hopefully the 2” leveling block doesn’tnet me the full 2”. If so I may be doing a 1” block in the rear as well lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ha! Yeah same measurements. Im thinking air bags are the way to go. I had overloads on my taco, but it road rough even with weight in the back. Would like the adjustablity of the bags.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Radiator eh? You have an issue or just upgrading?

you know I am. it’s my first modern full-size pickup so I’m not comparing to much but I’ve had a 64 Ford F100, an S10, a Cherokee, a Ranger, a Ridgeline, a Yukon and now this. Wife had a couple of Pilots as well. I loved that Ridgeline man. That was my favorite non-car I’ve had but so far the Titan may give it a run for its money just as far as me loving it.

This Started because I wanted a project-ish vehicle again and needed something to tow a camper here before too long. The camper is probably a year away so busy upgrading this thing haha.
How about you? What do you think compared to the Taco? I would have loved a Tundra but wasn’t willing to spend Tundra money on a 3rd vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just upgrading regarding the radiator. Trying to make it bulletproof as possible. The taco was great, but with the kid and dog and then a bigger trailer we just out grew it and It was a little too much of a handful towing with the 6spd for my wife. Cried when I sold it!
I would of stayed Toyota and got a tundra but got way more truck for the money with the Datsun. Had it about a year and am liking it more and more. Took a long time to get used to a automatic again. Lol.
people laugh at the ridgelines but honda makes some solid stuff. I’ve actually always wanted a odyssey,?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha. I have a brother in law thats a honda sales manager so we've had a bunch of Honda's. The wife actually has an Odyssey right now ?. Two kids under 3 it's a better option than the Pilot until one is out of the carseat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I received the Shocks and Struts today. Pulled them out to box to have a look and I notice an RC stamped into the top of the spacer. So I reached out to the KYB guy I'd been talking to. These are in fact Rough Country spacers pre-mounted on the regular KYB SR4230 strut. So I paid a bit more for the strut and spacer to come in one box and already assembled. Not worth it but also not worth returning.

If anyone comes across this thread in the future considering the SR4230K, just order the SR4230 and a RC 2" Spacer and save yourself $30+ dollars.

When I get them on I'll let everyone know about the ride and all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You get them installed? I put my new bilsteins in yesterday. Those poor ranchos we pretty shot. Was actually easier to do than my Tacoma. Front is sitting at 38 now. Will probably settle a little. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts