Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 titan 150k 4x4.
I believe it's in limp mode. It will not go into any gear except 1st and R and only after turning off engine and it works just fine for a few minutes. And suddenly it's like it's in neutral, it's not really a slip it's just basically neutral.
The fluid IS brown.
It's not currently throwing related codes (Only o2 sensor related)
However, the original symptoms it took longer for it to shift and only 5th gear was completely gone and it threw the p1716 for turbine speed sensor.
Like I said, now it doesn't throw that or anything related.
It's my sister's truck and when she called explaining the original symptoms I couldn't believe it was anything more than electrical.
But when she finally called back she said she lost all gears except 1 and R.
I am a mechanic myself but I have no experience within automatic internals and I don't have the equipment transmission shops have. I can get this overhauled for 550 bucks and after writing all this out I think I already have the best solution lol but any advice is much appreciated guys you guys are awesome thanks a lot God Bless

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Trans is toast. She burnt it up with bad fluid. If you can get the rebuild done for $550 with all the new parts that valve body and trans will need, snag that deal and R&R it yourself.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
My sister blew three engines by never getting the oil changed in three cars at what point do you stop driving when the lights come on and things don’t work. With any car truck shut her down when it isn’t working right and leave it off she ruined that transmission hopefully not more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Might be Karen... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts