Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I had a RC 3” lift installed with Toyo Open Country AT2 extreme 33x12.5x20 tires on my factory dark chrome wheels. I think it turned out great. No rubbing or cutting. Everything fits perfectly. Here are the before and after pics in case anyone is thinking about doing the same thing.

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I like the stance with the RC 3" lift. Truck looks real good. How's the ride quality compared to stock?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, pictures really don’t do it justice. With the aggressive Toyos it looks like a beast! In regards to ride quality, I got the complete package with the N3 shocks and struts. It’s really smooth and comfortable firmer than stock but a firm plush if that makes sense. Lol. It’s really nice. Also, the Toyo AT2s are really quiet, can’t hardly believe it. Aggressive tread AND quiet road manners. Best of both worlds! I highly recommend this set up!!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
There are guys here on the forum that just got the basic RC 3" lift without new struts and shocks, and say the ride quality is much harsher than stock. It sounds like the strut/shock upgrade makes a big difference.

The close up really shows how aggressive the Toyo's are. On my list of things to do. I was actually looking at the Toyo Open Country A/T3 last week. They have gotten great reviews.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I went AT2 because they are quieter than the AT3 according to all the tests I watched and read. They changed the tread pattern. The AT3 has better tire performance outside of that though. The quieter ride sold me as I do very little off road driving.

·
Registered
2021 Armada SL 👍🏻
519 Posts
Yeah, I went AT2 because they are quieter than the AT3 according to all the tests I watched and read. They changed the tread pattern. The AT3 has better tire performance outside of that though. The quieter ride sold me as I do very little off road driving.
Truck looks great WV - nice setup. The color, lift, tires all work well together.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Took the Titan off-road to our family hunting camp in the mountains of WV this week. The 3” Rough County lift with N3 premium shocks, struts and Toyo Open Country A/T2 tires performed flawlessly. It’s a great set-up for both the road (nice comfortable ride) and trails (capable enough to handle terrain most will never attempt). I just thought I would post an update for those who might be considering this set-up.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Looks great! I’d need a ladder to use the bed though,🤣
I imagine you get many compliments and owners from other brands like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts